Re: Welcome to sternsurname@onelist.com

  • MJCHONOLES@xxx.xxxx
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 1998
      Hi.
      I had a few Sterns I'd like to post.I'm not really researching Sterns, but
      they're in my trees and a connection is a connection!

      Group 1
      Irving B. Stern married Dec 1945 Charlotte Sapsowitz
      Andrea

      Group 1
      Donald S Stern married Melony Sue Chonoles
      Nicole Amanda
      Benjamin
    • AliceJose@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 1999
        I am researching my Stern family from Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse in Hessen.

        My family are descended from Gottfried Stern circa 1784-1838 who married
        Nannchen Hochschild circa 1787-1857.

        He had seven children, four boys. Salomon 1810-1880 who married Jette
        Maierfeld circa 1813-1886 and whose children I do not know, Feist (my great
        great grandfather) 1812-1889, Mendel 1815-? and Heimann 1817-1900.

        Feist - in respect of two of his children, Rosa and my Leopold -and Heimann
        (who became a Henry Starr) and went to Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky are the
        only lines I know.

        Gottfried's and Nannchen's girls were Mameth 1820-?, Guthal 1823-? and Hindle
        1825-?.

        Feist had lived up to his name and married two wives (not both at the same
        time, I hasten to add) and had at least 11 children.

        From the first marriage to Jette Weis (1812 or 1815-1849) there were four
        children: Gottfried born and died 1844, Eva born and died 1845, (poor woman!),
        An Unknown born? died 1848 and Jette 1849-?

        From my great great grandmother Jeanette Maierfeld circa 1823-1878, there was:

        Moses 1850-? Probably emigrated to New York 1867 (there may have been a less
        "religious" version of the name that he used)

        Abraham 1853-?

        Mina 1855-? who married a Moses Schwarzschild from Massenheim near Frankfurt
        am Main.

        Malchen 1857-?

        Anna 1859-?

        Rosa 1860-1933

        and FINALLY

        my great grandfather Leopold 1863-1901.

        Any names sound familiar?

        Alice Josephs
        alicejose@...
      • AndyStern1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 1999
          Hello Alice. None of the names are familiar to me. Do you know where Fleiden
          is compared to the location of your ancestors. The reason why I ask is I
          wonder if there is a connection that I cannot presently make. Andy Stern
        • AliceJose@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 1999
            Flieden is above Frankfurt am Main, while Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse is
            below - nearer Mannheim. Heppenheim is between Bensheim and Weinheim if you
            look at a map of Germany.

            Even though they are a few miles apart, I wouldn't rule out a connection. Have
            you any Herz family in your tree.

            Alice Josephs
            alicejose@...
          • Gene Starn
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 1999
              Dear Alice ...

              I'm sorry, but there is no connection between your Sterns and mine. Mine
              were all from Poland circa mid to late 19th century.

              Gene

            • AndyStern1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 1999
                No Herz in my family. Andy Stern
              • tkrakauer@mindspring.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6, 1999
                  Alice,

                  My Sterns are from Soest, and ultimately to FaM. The founder of "my" line
                  was Suesskind Stern in the 1600s. Her adopted the name from the name of his
                  house. A number of 18th century Herz s

                  BTW: I would hope that once the querry was posted on the list that the
                  conversations could then be directed to the poster rather than to the list.

                  At 12:19 PM 3/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
                  >From: AliceJose@...
                  >
                  >Flieden is above Frankfurt am Main, while Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse is
                  >below - nearer Mannheim. Heppenheim is between Bensheim and Weinheim if you
                  >look at a map of Germany.
                  >
                  >Even though they are a few miles apart, I wouldn't rule out a connection. Have
                  >you any Herz family in your tree.
                  >
                  >Alice Josephs
                  >alicejose@...

                  >Did you know that we have over 85,000 e-mail communities at Onelist?
                  >http://www.onelist.com
                  >Come visit our new web site and explore a new interest

                  Thomas Krakauer e-mail tkrakauer@...
                  Researching: GOTTSCHALK from N. Germany (Hannover); MOLLING from anywhere
                  (Hannover); KRAKAUER from Posen, Breslau, Berlin, Landau am Pfalz; STERN
                  from Soest, ROTHSCHILD from Stadtoldendorf; MAYER and HEUMANN from
                  Billigheim and Hoffenheim.