Re: [Stern] Fw: Enjoy!

  • Alan Stern
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
      no im not and ironicall david is my uncle's name
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2000
        Alan

        First, thanks for responding, even though negatively.

        As you know, the STERNs are a dime a dozen, and the David Sterns seem to be
        almost more numerous than that! So I often run into Davids with sons Michael
        (like me!) or the other way around. But Alan Sterns, you're only the second
        one I've heard about.

        In 1960 I was hired as a programmer by the "other" Alan. At the time I found
        it rather "un-Jewish" of him to name his son Henry: in my opinion, as goyish
        a name as can be.

        Imagine my surprise, when, in 1989 my daughter presented me with my first
        grandchild... you guessed it... Henry.

        Since then I have become accustomed to he name. Henry and his brother Arthur
        (solid Jewish name, that :-) ) are my among my favorites of my eight
        grandchildren, but if you tell anyone I said so I shal strenuously deny it
        :-)

        You should live a long happy life, even without a Henry of your own.

        Regards, -=David=-
      • Alan Stern