Re: [Stern] Fw: Enjoy!

  • dstern165@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
      Alan STERN,

      Are you the Alan STERN who has a son named Henry? If so, I want to hear from
      you!

      Or is Alan a common name for Sterns?

      -=David Stern=-
    • Alan Stern
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
        no im not and ironicall david is my uncle's name
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2000
          Alan

          First, thanks for responding, even though negatively.

          As you know, the STERNs are a dime a dozen, and the David Sterns seem to be
          almost more numerous than that! So I often run into Davids with sons Michael
          (like me!) or the other way around. But Alan Sterns, you're only the second
          one I've heard about.

          In 1960 I was hired as a programmer by the "other" Alan. At the time I found
          it rather "un-Jewish" of him to name his son Henry: in my opinion, as goyish
          a name as can be.

          Imagine my surprise, when, in 1989 my daughter presented me with my first
          grandchild... you guessed it... Henry.

          Since then I have become accustomed to he name. Henry and his brother Arthur
          (solid Jewish name, that :-) ) are my among my favorites of my eight
          grandchildren, but if you tell anyone I said so I shal strenuously deny it
          :-)

          You should live a long happy life, even without a Henry of your own.

          Regards, -=David=-
        • Alan Stern