Stern Scioto County Ohio

  • hjh4blh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2000
      Alice My wife's family lived in the Portsmouth area from 1850 to 1900. They
      then moved to Cincinnati Ohio. Rebecca STERN born 1847 in Europe married
      Benjiman MAYER b 1846 Europe. I think the family came from Germany but have
      no proof. Rebecca's father was Mire b 1802 and brother Isaac b 1852. Both
      lived in Cincinnati Ohio. I do not have a Stern name in Portsmouth but have
      LEVISTEIN, MEYER, HEIDINGSFELD and BORNHEIM. The Columbus Ohio genealogical
      society has a cemetery project that is now cataloging tombstones in the
      Portsmouth area. I do not know if it is complete but will be soon. This may
      help you. Let me know if we can share any information. Regards Jim Horvitz
      Rancho Mirage CA. hjh4blh@...