Hungary=STERN-CHILLAG

  • Botwinick@aol.com
      Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 01:32:15 +0200
      From: "hatam dedi" <hatam@...>
      To: IsraelGenWeb-L@...
      Subject: Are there more researchers about my families?

      David Hatam
      39 Eliezer Yaffe St.
      Raanana 43451
      Israel
      09-7452337

      DEAR GENALOGY RESEARCHERS

      MY NAME IS DAVID HATAM. I RESEARCH MY FAMILY TREE A LONG TIME,BUT ONLY LATELY
      I DISCOVERED THE INTERNET.

      I WRITE HERE ALL THE FAMILIES I RESEARCH,AND I ASK THE PEOPLE WHO RESEARCH
      TOO FAMILIES THAT I DO OR HAVE SPECIAL INFORMATION ABOUT GENEALOGY IN HUNGARY
      OR BULGARIA,LIKE BOOKS , RESEARCHERS OR WEB-SITES,OR JUST HAS ADVICES FOR ME,
      TO WRITE ME. I HAVE A LOT OF INFORMATION (BUT I WANT MORE)AND I WILL GIVE YOU
      ALL I HAVE.

      FAMILIES FROM MY HUNGARIAN SIDE :
      1.MEISNER,
      2.MANDEL,
      3.ADLER,
      4.BLAU,
      5.STERN-CHILLAG,
      6.KLEIN FROM BUDAPEST
      (STERN AND CHILLAG WERE NON RELIGIOUS FAMILY,HAD A FEW PAINTERS LIKE LASZLO
      PHILIP),
      7.SILBERER,
      8.RABBI HAIM KITSE-SCHLESINGER FROM ALBERTIRSA AND HIS FAMILY
      9.IF SOMEONE IS AN EXPERT OF THE FAMILY MARGALIOT-YAFFE,I ASK HIM TOO TO
      WRITE ME,BECAUSE I KNOW HAIM KITSE BELONGED TO THIS FAMILY,AND I WANT TO KNOW
      EXACTLY HOW.
      10.THE DESCENDANTS OF RABBY AMRAM HASIDA-ROZENBAUM
      11.THE DESCENDANTS OF RABBY SHIMON KELIN (THE SON OR GRANDSON OF THE
      PUBLISHER OF 'MAHATSIT HASHEKEL'.

      FAMILIES FROM MY BULGARIAN SIDE:
      1.SIDI
      2.GERASSI
      3.PIADE
      4.ZECHARIA
      5.HATEM (CAME FROM TURKEY)

      THANK YOU,AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
      SINCERELY YOURS,DAVID HATAM
      ______________________________
      --------------------
      Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 18:31:03 EST
      From: Genealicej@...
      To: IsraelGenWeb-L@...
      Subject: STERN family from Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse, Hesse, Germany

      i am searching for descendants of Gottfried STERN
      (1784-1838 Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse,
      Hesse-Darmstadt, Germany) and Nannchen
      HOCHSCHILD (1787 Gross Rohrheim - 1857
      Heppenheim).

      I am missing several lines in the family
      tree, indicated by the word "missing below".

      Gottfried and Nannchen had seven children:

      1) Salomon STERN (1810-1880 Heppenheim)
      married Jette or Henriette MAIERFELD or
      MAYERFELD or MEYERFELD (1813 Biebesheim,
      Kreis Gross Gerau-1886 Heppenheim).
      No children of this marriage are known. MISSING

      2) Feist STERN (1812-1889 Heppenheim) married:

      i) Jette WEIS (1812 or 15 Mainz Hechtsheim-1849 Heppenheim)
      Children:
      Eva STERN (born March 7 1845 Heppenheim) MISSING
      Jette STERN (born June 17 1849 Heppenheim) MISSING

      ii) Jeanette MAIERFELD or MAYERFELD or MEYERFELD
      (born 1823 Biebesheim died 1878 Heppenheim).
      Children:
      Moses STERN(born 31 October 1850 Heppenheim). MISSING
      Abraham STERN (born July 5 1853 Heppenheim) MISSING
      Mina STERN (born July 11 1855 Heppenheim) MISSING
      married Moses SCHWARZSCHILD
      of Massenheim, now part of Hochheim am Rhein.
      Malchen STERN (born June 7 1857) MISSING
      Anna STERN (born April 18 1859) MISSING

      3) Mendel STERN (March 27 1815 Heppenheim) MISSING

      4) Heimann STERN (later Henry STARR) line traced

      4) Mameth STERN (January 25 1850 Heppenheim) MISSING

      5) Guthal STERN (April 22 1823 Heppenheim) MISSING

      6) Hindle or Hannah STERN (April 7 1825 Heppenheim -1891) MISSING
      married ? LEVI in Portsmouth, Ohio, USA? She had at least one son
      Emmanuel, known as Mannie or Manny, who worked in Zanesville, Ohio
      with his cousin Abram E STARR.

      Hannah's nephews Abraham and Moses STERN, sons of Feist STERN may have
      gone to stay with her in Portsmouth, Ohio.

      The family seems to have been connected with Newark, Ohio, New
      York, St Louis, Missouri and Washington DC as well as Portsmouth
      and Zanesville in the USA. I was wondering whether any of the family
      is now in Israel.

      Please contact me if you think there is a connection or you
      believe you know of any of these families or any information
      you think will be useful.

      Alice Josephs
      Loughton
      Essex