      To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com
      From: geaaronson@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 17:07:02 -0700
      Subject: Re: [STERN] Digest Number 273

      My stepgrandfather was Albert Stern from Hungary. I don�t recall much about his family with the exception that

      he may have had a sibling that he had nothing to do with as she/he married someone out of the faith. But then again, I heard the story more than 40 years ago so it could have very well have been him telling me the story of his inlaw, my granduncle whom my grandmother and her other brothers refused to have anything to do with on the same account.

      Albert was married to my maternal grandmother, formerly Jean Lipschitz, renamed Lipton in the late 40�s for reasons that are obvious. Jean had arrived to the USA from Roumania when she was either 2, 3 or 5 years of age, depending on which version was told. She was born in 1900 or thereabouts. She was the oldest, and had 5 brothers, Samuel, Abraham are all I can recall.

      She married Samuel lipton in the early 20�s and had two daughters, my aunt Geraldine who died in 1960 and my mother Marilyn Jean.

      Albert was a manager of a warehouse in NYC and later came out of retirement at the insistence of my grandmother to work as a general manager for a skin tanning lotion startup company in Florida. does any of this sound familiar?

      Oh by the way they lived in Jackson Heights Queens, NYC until the early 70�s when they moved to next door for a year (in Mystic Connecticut) and then bored with country living and the lack of canasta partners, moved to Daytona Beach.

      Geoffrey E. Aronson