Re: [stereohunter] Comet in HI1A - known SOHO ???

  • Michal Kusiak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009

      > Jan 01 2009 02:58:49
      > Hua Su
      >
      > 1004 707 13:29
      > 1000 751 12:49
      > 997 756 12:09
      >
      > Michal Kusiak

      Correction:
      Images HI1A: 2008-12-31
    • rainerkracht
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
        This is one of the more interesting comets.
        - it's certainly real in HI1A
        - Hus's C3 is the best match for it
        - but it's certainly not an ordinary Kreutz comet

        It leaves HI1A at about 16:30 on 2008 Dec 31
        and that's several hours early for Hua's C3 Kreutz.
        So it's a Kreutz outlier or possible non-group.

        Rainer

        --- In stereohunter@yahoogroups.com, Michal Kusiak <komeciarz@...>
        wrote:

        > > Jan 01 2009 02:58:49
        > > Hua Su
        > >
        > > 1004 707 13:29
        > > 1000 751 12:49
        > > 997 756 12:09
        > >
        > > Michal Kusiak
        > >

        > Correction:
        > Images HI1A: 2008-12-31

      • Michal Kusiak
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
          Rainer,

          Very interesting...
          I thought too, that Hua's comet should leave HI1a FOV near ~18UT.
          But it was only one comet visible in HI images Dec. 31 and the best candidate
          was first Hua's comet detected by LASCO in Jan. 1.

          Next Hua's comet should be detectable in HI images of early morning Jan 1.

          Regards,
          Michal
        • rainerkracht
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
            What makes this comet unusual is that
            it left the HI1A field much further
            to the south (bottom) of the field
            compared with the latest December comets.

            This explains why it left the HI1A field
            several hours too early.
            So, Michal's HI1A = Hua's first C3 = Kreutz outlier.

            Rainer

            --- In stereohunter@yahoogroups.com, "rainerkracht" <r.kracht@...>