Help Launch NASA Behind-the-Scenes Photo Book

  • chrishaber@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2012
      Hi everyone, I'm Chris Haber, photographic artist. I've been producing an art book of my behind-the-scenes photos of NASA including the space shuttle retirement and all the new research & development and unmanned science and am seeking help raising the funds for publishing.

      excerpt from handout
      "After The Shuttle: An Artist's Inside View of Post-Shuttle NASA" by local photographer Chris Haber features stunning artwork of rarely seen behind-the-scenes areas NASA in full page color images with helpful facts about each picture, a politically neutral chronology of when & how the shuttle was retired, a run-down on the shuttle's replacement Orion/SLS & NASA's new Commercial Crew Program and unmanned science experiments still ongoing. This book will feature his photos of the now retired Space Shuttle, rockets, tests, and experimental equipment like the Mars Rover from behind the scenes of America's Space Program. Sample images can be viewed at ChrisHaber.com in the top of the SPACE gallery. The majority of images have not be released so they may be seen for the first time when the book releases

      The book is nearing publication and I'm trying to raise the money for the publishing. I've posted a project on Kickstarter that anyone can donate to. You can checkout Kickstarter, they are a very reputable company, many people you know may have already used it. All money is processed by Amazon.com . Supporters can pledge any amount and there are lots of great incentives at all contributor levels. If you can't help in that way, it would mean a great deal to me if you passed this on to everyone you know whether posting on your FB page, twitter, email, blog, forums, friends, family, work, anywhere else, etc. Even more so if you felt you could contribute. NO ONE will be charged until Monday Jun 4, and then ONLY if the minimum goal is reached.

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52068849/after-the-shutte-photographic-art-history-science

      or
      http://kck.st/KuFGMA

      Press Release http://spaceyideas.com/aftertheshuttle/

      Also my Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Haber-Photography/126322097409341
    • Alan Watson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2012
        Gidday All,
        Does anyone on this forum have a problem with this message remaining on this board?
        While not directly related to STEREO comet hunting , its subject matter may be of interest.
        It is is clearly a commercial solicitation of the forum members and as such I think breaches the spirit of this group.

        Chris, this is not directly related to STEREO Comet hunting. I will leave too some the group feedback to determine the next actions here. Please make efforts to contact the group Admins of this group before posting similar messages in the future.

        Kind regards, Alan Watson, Algwat
        One of the group admins

        --
        Kind regards, Alan Watson