Updated v3 website

  • ericjr77
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2011
      I realize this is almost as late as my seventh grade insect collection, but I finally updated my "explanation of v3 series variables and terminology".

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/terms.html

      The outdated sections had mainly to do with morphers and wormholes. I left some of the language in place for historical interest, but made it clear that the code no longer works that way.

      Oh, also updated my morpher tricks page for the same reason.

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/motricks.html

      Finally, there is a page I wrote eleven years ago and never shared. The idea was to serve as a full blown faq for v3. As you can see below, it was a work in progress I never finished. However, considering that the official v3 faq doesn't appear that much more complete, I thought it would be worth sharing now.

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/v3faq.html

      Eric
    • LifeIncarnate
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2011
        --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, ericjr77 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I realize this is almost as late as my seventh grade insect collection, but I finally updated my "explanation of v3 series variables and terminology".
        >
        > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/terms.html
        >
        > The outdated sections had mainly to do with morphers and wormholes. I left some of the language in place for historical interest, but made it clear that the code no longer works that way.
        >
        > Oh, also updated my morpher tricks page for the same reason.
        >
        > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/motricks.html
        >
        > Finally, there is a page I wrote eleven years ago and never shared. The idea was to serve as a full blown faq for v3. As you can see below, it was a work in progress I never finished. However, considering that the official v3 faq doesn't appear that much more complete, I thought it would be worth sharing now.
        >
        > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/v3faq.html
        >
        > Eric

        Neato! Thanks Eric! Welcome back!

        And...

        Not a single fatal U.S. airline accident occurred in the 2002 calendar year.
      • LifeIncarnate
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2011
          "The game will also end if all remaining players agree to draw, but in this case no "win" is awarded."

          Just started reading this, and i know it's a "work in progress", but several series no longer allow the "Draw" option.

          June 2008 - The following series no longer allow Draw:
          Last Man Standing Dogsstar Universal Domination
          Elm Street Smarmy Purgatory Cornucopia
          Doom's Rx Reckless Abandon Peaceful Chaos
          American Beauty The Cuckoo's Nest Kobiyashi Maru
          Saint Stephen Galactic Powers Long Ship Dragons
          Sahara Mad Scientist Mad Scientist II
          More may follow.

          --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, ericjr77 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > I realize this is almost as late as my seventh grade insect collection, but I finally updated my "explanation of v3 series variables and terminology".
          >
          > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/terms.html
          >
          > The outdated sections had mainly to do with morphers and wormholes. I left some of the language in place for historical interest, but made it clear that the code no longer works that way.
          >
          > Oh, also updated my morpher tricks page for the same reason.
          >
          > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/motricks.html
          >
          > Finally, there is a page I wrote eleven years ago and never shared. The idea was to serve as a full blown faq for v3. As you can see below, it was a work in progress I never finished. However, considering that the official v3 faq doesn't appear that much more complete, I thought it would be worth sharing now.
          >
          > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/v3faq.html
          >
          > Eric

        • ericjr77
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2011
            Thanks, fixed.

            Actually, the thing that surprises me most about sc these days is how little it has changed.

            Eric

            --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "LifeIncarnate" <life.incarnate@...> wrote:

            > "The game will also end if all remaining players agree to draw, but in this case no "win" is awarded."
            >
            > Just started reading this, and i know it's a "work in progress", but several series no longer allow the "Draw" option.
            >
            > June 2008 - The following series no longer allow Draw:
            > Last Man Standing Dogsstar Universal Domination
            > Elm Street Smarmy Purgatory Cornucopia
            > Doom's Rx Reckless Abandon Peaceful Chaos
            > American Beauty The Cuckoo's Nest Kobiyashi Maru
            > Saint Stephen Galactic Powers Long Ship Dragons
            > Sahara Mad Scientist Mad Scientist II
            > More may follow.
            >
            > --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, ericjr77 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I realize this is almost as late as my seventh grade insect collection, but I finally updated my "explanation of v3 series variables and terminology".
            > >
            > > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/terms.html
            > >
            > > The outdated sections had mainly to do with morphers and wormholes. I left some of the language in place for historical interest, but made it clear that the code no longer works that way.
            > >
            > > Oh, also updated my morpher tricks page for the same reason.
            > >
            > > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/motricks.html
            > >
            > > Finally, there is a page I wrote eleven years ago and never shared. The idea was to serve as a full blown faq for v3. As you can see below, it was a work in progress I never finished. However, considering that the official v3 faq doesn't appear that much more complete, I thought it would be worth sharing now.
            > >
            > > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/robinson/v3faq.html
            > >
            > > Eric

          • LifeIncarnate
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16, 2011
              Partly good design, partly no programmers have the time to mess with it, i suspect.

              And...

              The Golden Hamster is native to Syria. In fact, all hamsters in captivity today can trace their roots back to the original litter discovered in 1930 by archaeologist Aaron Abrahams.