Wenatchee Super Oval (Part 1)

  • LifeIncarnate
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2010
      Well, this whole strange trip began when i got a text message from my wife, saying that i should call work. When i did, my boss asked me, "Would you like to drive a racecar at the Wenatchee Super Oval tomorrow night?" Honestly, i was still thinking in terms of an "employer/employee relationship" and i was thinking that this was a *bizarre* thing for my boss to be asking me to do, and also *i* thought she had said "pace car," not "racecar." So i laughed, and hesitantly said, "i guess so." She gave me the number of a local car dealership, and told me to ask for Shannon there. When i called there, Shannon informed me that it wasn't a "pace car" i would be driving, it was a RACECAR, in an 8-LAP FAN RACE. i was, to say the least, floored.