Cutthroat game rant

  • iceclassic
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 2:55 PM
      I absolutely hate it when you're playing a cuthroat game (One in which
      you can go to trade, but not to alliance) and players have made a draw-
      out pact. CUTHROATS ARE JUST THAT--CUTTHROATS. If you can't stomach
      nuking an emp that you've cooperated with, then stick with the pussy
      alliance games.

      Yes, Deepblou, I'm talking to you. Grow up or stay out of the games
      that you may have to get your hands dirty in.

      And, can we get the draw option removed from cutthroat games on Lug?
      It just sucks the fun out of 'em.

      -Gravity
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 6:14 PM
        Why does there seem to be so much conflict and emnity at iceberg? one
        Pizzing contest after another? i love it and frequently laugh out
        loud when reading the posts in the games... wouldn't it be great if
        they had them here instead of in the games?

        --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "iceclassic"
        <iceclassic@...> wrote:

        > I absolutely hate it when you're playing a cuthroat game (One in
        which
        > you can go to trade, but not to alliance) and players have made a
        draw-
        > out pact. CUTHROATS ARE JUST THAT--CUTTHROATS. If you can't stomach
        > nuking an emp that you've cooperated with, then stick with the
        pussy
        > alliance games.
        >
        > Yes, Deepblou, I'm talking to you. Grow up or stay out of the games
        > that you may have to get your hands dirty in.
        >
        > And, can we get the draw option removed from cutthroat games on
        Lug?
        > It just sucks the fun out of 'em.
        >
        > -Gravity

      • Ryan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1 6:22 PM
          Deepblou is a different kind of cat, and marches to the beat of his
          own drum. I think we've all raised an eyebrow towards something he's
          done.

          But Chris, it's part of the game. We can get pissed as much as we
          want, but when we join, we accept the parameters given.

          That's why I like Iceberg, you can create your own game if you don't
          like the current variety.

          <iceclassic@...> wrote:

          > I absolutely hate it when you're playing a cuthroat game (One in
          which
          > you can go to trade, but not to alliance) and players have made a
          draw-
          > out pact. CUTHROATS ARE JUST THAT--CUTTHROATS. If you can't
          stomach
          > nuking an emp that you've cooperated with, then stick with the
          pussy
          > alliance games.
          >
          > Yes, Deepblou, I'm talking to you. Grow up or stay out of the
          games
          > that you may have to get your hands dirty in.
          >
          > And, can we get the draw option removed from cutthroat games on
          Lug?
          > It just sucks the fun out of 'em.
          >
          > -Gravity

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1 6:27 PM
            Wow... can someone look at my BIG PLANET games on Almonaster and
            create one at iceberg for me?

            --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <crashnacho@...>
            wrote:

            > Deepblou is a different kind of cat, and marches to the beat of his
            > own drum. I think we've all raised an eyebrow towards something
            he's
            > done.
            >
            > But Chris, it's part of the game. We can get pissed as much as we
            > want, but when we join, we accept the parameters given.
            >
            > That's why I like Iceberg, you can create your own game if you
            don't
            > like the current variety.
            >

            > --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "iceclassic"
            > <iceclassic@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I absolutely hate it when you're playing a cuthroat game (One in
            > which
            > > you can go to trade, but not to alliance) and players have made a
            > draw-
            > > out pact. CUTHROATS ARE JUST THAT--CUTTHROATS. If you can't
            > stomach
            > > nuking an emp that you've cooperated with, then stick with the
            > pussy
            > > alliance games.
            > >
            > > Yes, Deepblou, I'm talking to you. Grow up or stay out of the
            > games
            > > that you may have to get your hands dirty in.
            > >
            > > And, can we get the draw option removed from cutthroat games on
            > Lug?
            > > It just sucks the fun out of 'em.
            > >
            > > -Gravity

          • iceclassic
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1 6:32 PM
              wrote:
              > But Chris, it's part of the game. We can get pissed as much as we
              > want, but when we join, we accept the parameters given.
              >
              > That's why I like Iceberg, you can create your own game if you don't
              > like the current variety.

              Right...and when I join a cutthroat game, I expect the emps to treat
              it as such....ergo "CUTTHROAT". Coming to a pre-arranged draw
              arrangement is just plain pussy. I'll gladly take on a 2 on 1
              arrangement in a cutthroat as long as I know there will be one hard-
              fought winner, not just a cowardly draw.

              I apologize...I'm slightly drunk on homebrew right now...

              -Grav
            • Peter
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1 6:57 PM
                so your posting about "draw" cowards while your drunk? well... ok...
                liquid courage, i can relate!

                <iceclassic@...> wrote:

                > --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan" <crashnacho@>
                > wrote:
                > > But Chris, it's part of the game. We can get pissed as much as we
                > > want, but when we join, we accept the parameters given.
                > >
                > > That's why I like Iceberg, you can create your own game if you
                don't
                > > like the current variety.
                > >

                > Right...and when I join a cutthroat game, I expect the emps to
                treat
                > it as such....ergo "CUTTHROAT". Coming to a pre-arranged draw
                > arrangement is just plain pussy. I'll gladly take on a 2 on 1
                > arrangement in a cutthroat as long as I know there will be one hard-
                > fought winner, not just a cowardly draw.
                >
                > I apologize...I'm slightly drunk on homebrew right now...
                >
                > -Grav

              • iceclassic
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1 7:45 PM
                  Hey, Starfed...my intoxication state and subject matter are purely
                  coincidental. Liquid courage has nothing to do with it...beer fetish
                  has everything to do with it:
                  http://www.strizver.com/album/index.php?spgmGal=Bar

                  -Grav

                  --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <starfed@...>