[Stellar Crisis Club] Re: New Player advice

  • backstabber_sc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      Michael,

      Do you STILL hold that yellow snow comment against me? I never
      expected you to believe it and see for yourself! j/k of course!

      Seriously, for any newbie, the best advice I've seen on this is from
      the Sizm:

      Play, play and play..Ask, beg and bother, make alot of friends

      BackStabber

      --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Ginn" <mginn@c...>
      wrote:
      > 1. Don't get nuked
      > 2. Careful of burners.. ;)
      > 3. Never stop questioning.
      > 4. Don't eat yellow snow, no matter how good Backstabber tells you
      it tastes.. ;D
      > 5. Befriend a really good and active player (you'll learn a lot)

      > Stellar Kings: http://students.ou.edu/G/Michael.A.Ginn-
      1/Stellar_Kings/
      > Aztec Empire: http://students.ou.edu/G/Michael.A.Ginn-1/sc.html
      > Michael Ginn: http://students.ou.edu/G/Michael.A.Ginn-1/

      BR
      > works, and that ships fight at BR*MR or max BR, whichever is
      higher,
      > is important to winning battles. Amazing the number of new
      players
      > who think there is a luck factor in winning the battle when the
      only
      > luck involved is which ships are lost.
      >

      > --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Nord"
      > <life.incarnate@v...> wrote:
      > > Here's a new topic. If you could only give five pieces of
      advice to
      > > new player, what would they be? (i'll start...)
      > >
      > > 1. Read everything you can find about the game. (The "Links"
      > section
      > > and archived messages in this very club holds a fortune of tips
      and
      > > tricks.)
      > > 2. Try to get an experianced player to teach you. (Reading only
      > goes
      > > so far with most people. There's nothing like "hands-on"
      > experiance.)
      > > 3. Learn the pop trick, and all it's variations. Learn WHEN to
      do
      > it,
      > > and when to NOT do it.
      > > 4. Learn to overbuild. Learn when to do THAT, and when NOT to.
      > > 5. Keep your sense of humor. It's ONLY a GAME. ;^)
      > >
      > > And...
      > >
      > > Most of the water that flows over the top of the world's
      highest
      > > waterfall, Angel Falls, never gets to the bottom.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.