Happy New Year !!!

  • Greg Nord <life.incarnate@verizon.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
      Twas the month after Christmas, and all through my home, Nothing
      would fit me, my waistline had grown.

      The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, At the holiday
      parties, had gone to my waist.

      When I got on the scales, there arose such a number! When I walked to
      the store, (less a walk than a lumber).

      I'd remember the marvelous, meals I'd prepared; The gravies and
      sauces, and beef nicely rared,

      The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese, And the way I'd
      never said, "No, thank you, please."

      So-away with the last, of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit
      cake, every cracker and chip.

      Every last bit of food, that I like must be banished Till all the
      additional, ounces have vanished.

      I won't have a cookie, not even a lick. I'll want only to chew, on a
      long celery stick.

      I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a
      carrot, and quietly sigh.

      I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore - But isn't that what,
      January is for?

      Unable to giggle, no longer a riot. Happy New Year to all, and to all
      a good diet!
    • Ben <btidwell@sbcglobal.net>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
        HAPPY NUKE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

        Phrom me to all oph you my phriends.

        --- In stellarcrisisclub@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Nord <life.incarnate@v...>"
        <life.incarnate@v...> wrote:
        > Twas the month after Christmas, and all through my home, Nothing
        > would fit me, my waistline had grown.
        >
        > The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, At the holiday
        > parties, had gone to my waist.
        >
        > When I got on the scales, there arose such a number! When I walked to
        > the store, (less a walk than a lumber).
        >
        > I'd remember the marvelous, meals I'd prepared; The gravies and
        > sauces, and beef nicely rared,
        >
        > The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese, And the way I'd
        > never said, "No, thank you, please."
        >
        > So-away with the last, of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit
        > cake, every cracker and chip.
        >
        > Every last bit of food, that I like must be banished Till all the
        > additional, ounces have vanished.
        >
        > I won't have a cookie, not even a lick. I'll want only to chew, on a
        > long celery stick.
        >
        > I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a
        > carrot, and quietly sigh.
        >
        > I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore - But isn't that what,
        > January is for?
        >
        > Unable to giggle, no longer a riot. Happy New Year to all, and to all
        > a good diet!
      • Greg Nord
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
          AULD LANG SYNE

          Words adapated from a traditional song
          by Rabbie Burns (1759-96)

          Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
          And never brought to mind?
          Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
          And auld lang syne?

          CHORUS:
          For auld lang syne, my dear,
          For auld lang syne,
          We'll tak a cup of kindness yet,
          For auld lang syne!

          And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp,
          And surely I'll be mine,
          And we'll tak a cup o kindness yet,
          For auld lang syne!

          We twa hae run about the braes,
          And pou'd the gowans fine,
          But we've wander'd monie a weary fit,
          Sin auld lang syne.

          We twa hae paidl'd in the burn
          Frae morning sun till dine,
          But seas between us braid hae roar'd
          Sin auld lang syne.

          And there's a hand my trusty fiere,
          And gie's a hand o thine,
          And we'll tak a right guid-willie waught,
          For auld lang syne

          Meanings

          auld lang syne - times gone by
          be - pay for
          braes - hills
          braid - broad
          burn - stream
          dine - dinner time
          fiere - friend
          fit - foot
          gowans - daisies
          guid-willie waught - goodwill drink
          monie - many
          morning sun - noon
          paidl't - paddled
          pint-stowp - pint tankard
          pou'd - pulled
          twa - two
        • LifeIncarnate
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
            To all my friends and fiends from Stellar Crisis.

            And...

            The profoundly poor who worked the fields in China in the late 1920s allowed themselves to afford pork only once a year---New Year's Day.