Re: No beer and rewinds drives Homer crazy..

  • lugdunum_sc
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 10:20 AM
      Vikings wrote:
      > What's up with lug?
      > There's been about a billion rewinds the last days..

      Actually I have record of 103 server restarts between 6:37 AM Apr 29
      and 5:51 AM May 1 (EDT). Thank you for drawing my attention to this -
      you're right, it's no good like that.

      Since 5:51 this morning it appears to have been behaving itself.
      Please, someone let me know if they have the same experience again.

      The problem appeared to be that the system was running out of sockets.
      I guess it's because I have been allowing Apache to use quite a lot of
      system resources since the SC Room moved to the Lug system. (The
      system runs two webservers - Roxen, which is responsible for the three
      Game servers, Lugdunum, ISCL and Stellar Kings, and the GAP, and
      Apache, which drives the SC Room and some other bits). I've reduced
      the amount of system resource that Apache is able to hold open, in
      hope that will prevent Roxen from running out in future.
    • ahlner2
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6 12:14 PM
        > Actually I have record of 103 server restarts between 6:37 AM Apr
        29
        > and 5:51 AM May 1 (EDT). Thank you for drawing my attention to
        this -
        > you're right, it's no good like that.

        Rewinds are back with a vengeance :(

        /V
      • lifeincarnate
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6 6:46 PM
          --- In stellarcrisisclub@y..., ahlner2 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Actually I have record of 103 server restarts between 6:37 AM Apr
          > 29
          > > and 5:51 AM May 1 (EDT). Thank you for drawing my attention to
          > this -
          > > you're right, it's no good like that.
          >
          > Rewinds are back with a vengeance :(
          >
          > /V

          It's okay to post it here, but you'd be doing the system admin a
          better favor by emailing him directly. On the bottom of every server
          page are the words, "Help is available". Clicking on this opens an
          email that goes right to the admin. Most of the server admins check
          their mail more often than they check this board.

          And...

          In Pacific Grove California, it is not only illegal to kill a
          butterfly, it is illegal to threaten one.
        • ahlner2
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7 3:18 AM
            > It's okay to post it here, but you'd be doing the system admin a
            > better favor by emailing him directly. On the bottom of every
            server
            > page are the words, "Help is available". Clicking on this opens an
            > email that goes right to the admin. Most of the server admins check
            > their mail more often than they check this board.

            Yes, he might read it a little faster if I e-mailed him, but he seems
            to check here often enough.
            I think it's of interest to all players at lug to know when it's
            fixed, and that someone has informed the serveradmin about the
            problem.
            Thus I see it as saving him from getting spammed with mail :)

            /V