Re: [steiner] To Lorraine

  • Jarvi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2000
      Dear Dr. Starman,

      Is your idea of a discussion to dispense advice and wisdom from on high? I do not wish to be rude or unappreciative of your response, but but I quite honestly found it off-putting. How do you know what I have read or studied? Could you ask rather than assume? Why did you assume my use of the word "compulsion" indicated that I had a problem? If you are concerned about the tone and quality of exchange, I request that you respond to a post by sharing something of yourself, your own questions and your thoughts, rather than posing as the person with the answers. Thanks for considering this request!

      Actually, I've read "Social and Anti-Social" forces a couple of times. Since you have mentioned it, I feel "compelled" to take it out of the bookshelf once again. :^)  Maybe once I've reread it, we can engage in a discussion. Another book along this vein I've found very valuable is "The Inner Aspect of the Social Question".

      As far as the Calendar of the Soul goes, I don't speak German, so I find The Year Participated by Owen Barfield more evocative. If you don't have it and wish to compare the two, the verse for April 28 through May 4 says, 'I feel the very being of my being,' so the responsive soul, which in a wide world rinsed with radiant sun with flowing light grows one; imparting warmth to mind's transparency, such is her will, so knitting man and world in unison.

      I have to take my daughter to yoga, so must sign off.

      Regards,
      Lorraine

      Sincerely,
      Lorraine Jarvi