Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 23, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
      Der Sommer hat an mich
      Sich selber hingegeben.

      There is muffled Autumnally
      The Senses' streaming Charms;
      In Light-Revealings is mingled
      The Fog's musty Veil.
      I myself see in Space-Widenesses
      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
      The Summer has to me
      Its own self given over.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
      were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
      in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
      Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
      could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
      close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
      Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
      working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
      of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
      world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
      summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
      Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
      lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
      warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
      courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
      wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
      Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
      from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
      to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
      post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
      with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
      contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
      its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
      Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
      Gospels).
      Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
      Magicians.
      Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
      Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
      medical
      benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
      Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
      Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
      Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
      teacher.

      *******Dr. Starman

      Happy Michaelmas to all!
    • DocStarman@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 8, 2000
        THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
        Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
        52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
        (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
        the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
        cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
        each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
        spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
        The mantra in the original German and in English:

        Ich darf nun mir gehören
        Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
        In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
        Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
        Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
        Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
        In kalte Winterfluten.

        I'm allowed only to myself to belong
        And luminously spread Inner Light
        Into Space- and Time-darkness.
        As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
        The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
        And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
        Into the cold Winter-flowing.

        (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
        The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
        meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
        reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
        English to German.)

        This week's mantram:
        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
        develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
        we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
        which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
        was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
        state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
        is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
        solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
        September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
        Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
        & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
        Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
        with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
        first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
        for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
        restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
        connections.)

        Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
        Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
        Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
        counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
        for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
        Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
        Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
        Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
        Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
        Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
        Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

        *******Dr. Starman
      • DocStarman@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 22, 2000
          THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
          Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
          52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
          or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
          the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
          these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
          each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
          Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
          connected with specific days of the week.
          The mantra in the original German and in English:

          In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
          Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
          Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
          Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
          In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
          Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

          In my essence's deeps is a force:
          It excites a premonition-filled yearning
          That I in my self-contemplation find
          As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
          In Autumn's approach warming lives
          As my Soul's Power-Drive.

          The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
          spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
          meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
          experience.
          original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
          English to German.

          This week's mantram:
          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
          develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
          (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
          self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
          this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
          ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
          of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
          solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
          week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
          our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
          yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
          force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
          development as we press on into the Autumn.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
          Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
          indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
          and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
          birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
          ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
          contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
          restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
          connections.)

          Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
          Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
          Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
          Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
          Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
          Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
          Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
          Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

          *******Dr. Starman
        • DocStarman@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
            Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
            THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
            Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
            52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
            (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
            the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
            cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
            night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
            figures and events connected with specific days.
            The mantra in the original German and in English:

            Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
            Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
            Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
            Aus Seelensonnenmacht
            Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
            Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
            Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

            I can in Inner newly alive
            Feel my own Essence widen
            And power-filled Thinking-rays
            Out of Soul's Sun-Might
            Life-Riddles loosening giving,
            Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
            Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

            (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
            The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
            spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
            meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
            reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
            original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
            English to German.)

            This week's mantram:
            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
            develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
            (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
            intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
            soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
            developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
            be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
            the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
            into the night-time of the year.

            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
            Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
            indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
            and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
            birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
            first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
            for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
            restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
            connections.)

            Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
            Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
            Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
            Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
            (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
            that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
            was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
            to all the gods.)
            Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
            as a Catholic Festival established).
            Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
            Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
            in Guadaloupe.

            *******Dr. Starman