    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2002
      *******Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar.

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 3 *
      Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
      So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
      Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
      Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
      In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
      Dich geistverwand zu finden.

      And when I am in the Senses' Heights
      There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
      Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
      The Gods' Truth-Word:
      In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
      Your spirit-relation to find.

      The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves
      totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit: and this is what we must
      experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from
      June 15th to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Gemini done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday June 23rd. Moon Sagittarius. Colombus born 1456.
      Monday June 24th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. John the Baptist (St. John’s
      Day).
      Tuesday June 25th. Moon Capricorn. Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.
      Wednesday June 26th. Moon Aquarius. Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.
      Thursday June 27th. Moon Aquarius. Phillipina.
      Friday June 28th. Moon Aquarius. Leo.
      Saturday June 29th. Moon Pisces. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born
      1577.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2003

          The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its original complete form for use.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *
        Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
        So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
        Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
        Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
        In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
        Dich geistverwand zu finden.

        And when I am in the Senses' Heights
        There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
        Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
        The Gods' Truth-Word:
        In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
        Your spirit-relation to find.

            The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit: and this is what we must experience fully, in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

                               **********************************
            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of the TWINS done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

        Sunday, July 13th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

        Monday,   July 14th. Moon Aquarius. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

        Tuesday,   July 15th. Moon Aquarius. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to.
                       1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

        Wednesday,  July 16th. Moon Pisces. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

        Thursday,   July 17th. Moon Pisces. Leo IV.

        Friday,   July 18th. Moon Aries.  St. Thomas Aquinas.

        Saturday,   July 19th. Moon Aries.  St. Vincent de Paul.

                     ***************************

        *  M A N T R A  # 3 8 (CHRISTMAS) *
        Ich fuhle wie entzaubert
        Das Geisteskind im Seelenschoss;
        Es hat in Herzenshelligkeit
        Gezeugt das heilige Weltenwort
        Der Hoffnung Himmelsfrucht,
        Die jubelnd wachst in Weltenfernen
        Aus meines Wesens Gottesgrund.

        "I feel set free from a spell
        The Spirit-Child in Soul's Womb;
        It has in Heart's Clear Light
        Begotten the holy World-Word
        Of Hope the Heavens' Fruit,
        To joyously grow into World-Farnesses
        Out of my Essence's God-Ground."

        This week's Southern Hemisphere mantra is the "Christmas" mantra where a new self is born in the indrawn depths of Winter, the opposite of the N. Hemisphere Midsummer experience: we give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the  world all the year to come.

        P.S. The Moon will be seen very close to the planet Mars late Wednesday and Thursday nights.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
          The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the TWINS done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

          This week's mantra.
              For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

          *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *
          Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
          So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
          Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
          Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
          In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
          Dich geistverwand zu finden.

          And when I am in the Senses' Heights
          There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
          Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
          The Gods' Truth-Word:
          "In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
          Your spirit-relation to find."

             The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves
          totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit: and this is what we must
          experience fully in order to find our own Spirit, which is united to it.

                                              **********************************

          Sunday, July 4th.  Moon Aquarius.  Ulrich.

          Monday, July 5th. Moon Pisces.  Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

          Tuesday, July 6th. Moon Pisces. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

          Wednesday, July 7th. Moon Aries.   Demetrius.

          Thursday, July 8th. Moon Aries.  Aquila and Priscilla.

          Friday, July 9th. Moon Aries. First Quarter. Anatolia.

          Saturday, July 10th. Moon Taurus.
            1509 Calvin born.

            Planets :  Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen high in the South at sunset and for a few hours afterwards in the Southwest, amongst the stars of the Lion.

          Dr. Starman

          www.DrStarman.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
          • 1 Attachment
          • 57 KB

              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 13 *

          Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

          So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

          Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

          Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

          In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

          Dich geistverwand zu finden.

          And when I am in the Senses' Heights

          There flames up in my Soul's Depths

          Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

          The Gods' Truth-Word:

          "In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

          Your spirit-relation to find."

          An interpretation of the mantra:

                The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which IS the World Spirit--- and this is what we must experience fully at this time in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, July 1st. Moon Sagittarius.  G. W. Leibnitz born 1646.

          Monday,  July 2nd. Moon Capricorn. 1778 Rousseau died.

          Tuesday, July 3rd. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. Anatolius.

          Wednesday,  July 4th. Moon Aquarius. Ulrich.

          Thursday, July 5th. Moon Aquarius. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet)

          Friday July 6th. Moon Aquarius. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

          Saturday,  July 7th. Moon Pisces.  Demetrius.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

              "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn dominate the night sky. Reddish Mars is high in the south at sunset, to the left of the Lion.  Yellowish Saturn is further east, above Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. Mars is approaching Saturn and will conjunct it in August.