Calendar of the Soul, Week 12 after Easter (St. John's)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 2 (St. John’s Tide) *
      Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,
      Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen
      Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte
      Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;
      Mich selber zu verlassen,
      Vertrauend nur mich suchend
      Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

      The world's beautiful glitter
      Forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,
      My individual life's godly forces
      To World-Flowing to release;
      My self to abandon
      Trusting only in my seeking
      In World-Light and World-Warmth.

      This week is the event the previous several week's mantrams have been
      leading up to: it is the irresistible drive of the deepest forces of the soul
      to surrender ourselves to the light and warmth of the upper spheres. "To find
      yourself, first lose yourself."
      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from
      June 16th to July 20th in our era. The symbolic image of Gemini done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday June 16th. Moon Virgo. Aurelius.
      Monday June 17th. Moon Virgo. Montanus.
      Tuesday June 18th. Moon Libra. Markus.
      Wednesday June 19th . Moon Libra. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.
      Thursday June 20th. Moon Scorpio. Silverius.
      Friday June 21st. Moon Scorpio. Eusebius.
      Saturday June 22nd. Moon Sagittarius. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
        ******The round of the year is still another way in which the 4 bodies, ethers & temperaments can be approached. The Summer is the Fire pole of the year and Winter the Earth pole. Spring and Summer are Watery and Airy, the 2 states between these extremes. This is the season in which the Ego is strongest, but paradoxically in a sort of waking-dream state, in which we seek to surrender the Ego to the living Spirit and have it work through us. That's the meaning of the old Midsummer's festivals and the hidden meaning of Ascension and Pentecost.

        We also experience the 4 temperaments in Time in our life-cycles. The predominant temperament of childhood is the Sanguine, while we become Choleric in the teens, then more Phlegmatic as adults, into middle age, and finally Melancholic in old age.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 57 KB

                               The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 2 (St. John’s Tide) *

        Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,

        Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen

        Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte

        Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;

        Mich selber zu verlassen,

        Vertrauend nur mich suchend

        Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

        The world's beautiful glitter

        Forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,

        My individual life's godly forces

        To World-Flowing to release;

        My self to abandon

        Trusting only in my seeking

        In World-Light and World-Warmth.

          This week is the event the previous several week's mantras have been leading up to: it is the irresistible drive of the deepest forces of the soul

        to surrender ourselves to the light and warmth of the upper spheres. The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

             THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, June 28th. Moon Libra. First Quarter.  Leo.

         .

        Monday, June 29th. Moon Libra.  Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

        .

        Tuesday, June 30th. Moon Libra. Festival in Memory of Paul. .

        .

        Wednesday, July 1st. Moon Scorpio. G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646. .

        .

        Thursday, July 2nd. Moon Scorpio. 1778 Rousseau died. .

         .

        Friday, July 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Anatolius.

        Saturday, July 4th. Moon Sagittarius.. Ulrich.

        PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the West from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

        PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week.

        Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeast-south from midnight till dawn.