    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 1 *
      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
      An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
      In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is in this sun-hour
      For you, the wise prophecy to know;
      To World-Beauty given over,
      In you, your feeling to live through:
      Man's I can lose itself
      And find itself in the World-I.

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now
      so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a
      fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again
      in spirit-being in the height of summer.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG.

      Sunday June 9th. Moon Gemini. Columban.
      Monday June 10th. Moon Gemini. New Moon. Onophrius.
      Tuesday June 11th. Moon Cancer. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C. Roger
      Bacon died 1294.
      Wednesday June 12th. Moon Cancer. Basilides.
      Thursday June 13th. Moon Leo. Alfred.
      Friday June 14th. Moon Leo. Basilius.
      Saturday June 15th. Moon Leo. Vitus.

      Dr. Starman
    • George Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2002
        Dear Dr. Starman-

        I have been unable to view the image of Gemini
        attached to your calendar e-mails. Do you happen to
        know of a place I can go to find this?

        Thank you for your vigilant diligence-

        Yours-
        George

        P.S.- What interesting turns this newsgroup has
        taken! Discussions and angles being explored
        different from what I had become accustomed.
        Separated by continents and oceans, we are connected
        along this web of cold light. I continue to wonder
        the tones we would make were we to find ourselves
        eyes-to-eyes and faces-to-faces. Thank you to all for
        your questions and insights.

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2003

            The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
             Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

          *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *
          Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
          An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
          An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
          In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
          Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
          Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

          It is in this sun-hour
          For you, the wise prophecy to know;
          To World-Beauty given over,
          In you you feel to live through:
          Man's I can lose itself
          And find itself in the World-I.

          *******Interpretation: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling--- and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again
          in Spirit-Being in the heights of summer.

                                 **********************************
              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of the TWINS done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

          Sunday, June 29th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

          Monday,   June 30th. Moon Cancer. Festival in Memory of Paul.

          Tuesday,   July 1st. Moon Leo.  G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

          Wednesday,  July 2nd. Moon Leo. 1778 Rousseau died.

          Thursday,   July 3rd. Moon Virgo.  Anatolius.

          Friday,   July 4th. Moon Virgo.  Ulrich.

          Saturday,   July 5th. Moon Libra.  Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

          P,S. The Moon will be seen near Jupiter Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

                    ***************************

          *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *
          In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
          Zur Offenbarung drangend
          Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
          Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
          Mit meinem Geisteslicht
          Zu opfern dich durch mich.

          "In my Being's Deeps speaks
          Urging me to Revelation
          Mysteriously the World-Word:
          'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
          With My Spirit-Light
          To offer yourself up through Me' "

          Interpretation: This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2009
          • 1 Attachment
          • 57 KB

                                 The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
             Dr. Rudolf Steiner
          gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

          *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *

          Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde

          An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;

          An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,

          In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:

          Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich

          Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

          It is in this sun-hour

          For you, the wise prophecy to know;

          To World-Beauty given over,

          In you you feel to live through:

          Man's I can lose itself

          And find itself in the World-I.

          *******The spiritual force of the summer light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a

          fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again in spirit-being in the height of summer.

          The summer motif is: "Lose yourself to find yourself."

                 ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

               THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, June 21st. Moon Gemini.  Eusebius.

           .

          Monday, June 22nd. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

          .

          Tuesday, June 23rd. Moon Cancer. Colombus born 1456.

          .

          Wednesday, June 24th. Moon Leo.  John the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

          .

          Thursday, June 25th. Moon Leo. Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

           .

          Friday, June 26th. Moon Virgo. Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D..

          Saturday, June 27th. Moon Virgo.  Phillipina.

          PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion. The moon passes by it Saturday night.

          PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week.

          Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeast-south from midnight till dawn.