    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 9 *
      Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
      Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
      Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
      Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
      Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
      Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
      Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

      Forgetting my Egohood’s Will,
      The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
      Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
      To lose myself in the Light,
      The Spirit-Vision commands me,
      And powerfully prophesies to me:
      Lose yourself, and yourself you’ll find.

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world grows so strong that
      the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it;
      this is what we should do at this time, for it's a stage in a process
      necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday May 26th. Moon Sagittarius. Full Moon.The Venerable Bede (famous
      English monk of the 8th century).
      Monday May 27th. Moon Sagittarius. Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265.
      Calvin died 1564.
      Tuesday May 28th. Moon Capricorn. Wilhelm.
      Wednesday May 29th. Moon Capricorn. Christiana.
      Thursday May 30th. Moon Aquarius. The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.
      Friday May 31st. Moon Aquarius. Angela.
      Saturday June 1st. Moon Pisces. Nicodemus.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2005
        ********Sorry for the Calendar being VERY late this week. Just got done seting up an entire new computer set-up, an encrypted wireless router, etc., and got back online. -starman

           The Calendar of the Soul

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar:

        This week's mantra.

        *  M A N T R A  # 9 *
        Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
        Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
        Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
        Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
        Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
        Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
        Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

        Forgetting my Egohood's Will,
        The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
        Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
        To lose myself in the Light,
        Spirit-Vision commands me,
        And powerfully prophesies to me:
        Lose yourself, and yourself you'll find.

        An interpretation: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world grows so strong that the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it;
        this is what we should do at this time, for it's a stage in a process
        necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year.

        Sunday, May 22nd.  Moon Scorpio.  Richard Wagner born 1813.

        Monday, May 23rd. Moon Sagittarius. Full Moon.  Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.

        Tuesday, May 24th. Moon Sagittarius.  Copernicus died 1543. Lord Bulwer-Lytton born 1803.

        Wednesday, May 25th. Moon Capricorn.  Laying of the Foundation Stone of the Strassbourg Monastery 1277.

        Thursday, May 26th. Moon Capricorn.  The Venerable Bede (famous English monk of the 8th century).

        Friday, May 27th. Moon Aquarius. Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265. Calvin died 1564.

        Saturday, May 28th. Moon Aquarius.   Wilhelm.

        Dr. Starman

        http://www.DrStarman.com