    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 8 *
      Es wächst der Sinne Macht
      Im Bunde mit der Götter Schaffen,
      Sie drückt des Denkens Kraft
      Zur Traumes Dumpfheit mir herab.
      Wenn göttlich Wesen
      Sich meiner Seele einen will,
      Muss menschlich Denken
      Im Traumessein sich still bescheiden.

      There waxes the Senses’ Might
      In Union with the Gods’ Shaping,
      It draws my Thinking’s Power
      Down to Dream Dimness.
      When godly Essence
      With my soul would become one,
      Must Man’s Thinking
      Quietly humble itself to Dream-existence .

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,
      growing in this spring-time, is so strong that it dims down thinking, and
      this week that very dim dream state is more what we must pay heed to.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday May 19th. Moon Virgo. Pentecost (Whitsunday). J.G. Fichte born 1762.
      Monday May 20th. Moon Virgo. Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.
      Tuesday May 21st. Moon Libra. Albrecht Dürer born 1471.
      Wednesday May 22nd. Moon Libra. Richard Wagner born 1813.
      Thursday May 23rd. Moon Scorpio. Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.
      Friday May 24th. Moon Scorpio. Copernicus died 1543. Lord Bulwer-Lytton
      born 1803.
      Saturday May 25th. Moon Scorpio. Laying of the Foundation Stone of the
      Strassbourg Monastery 1277.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8 8:58 PM

           The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and in outer Nature during the year, always starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner--- but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

[...]

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. A symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

        Sunday, June 8th. Moon Libra. Whitsunday (Pentecost). Muhammed died 632.

        Monday,   June 9th. Moon Libra. Columban.

        Tuesday,   June 10th. Moon Scorpio.   Onophrius.

        Wednesday,  June 11th. Moon Scorpio.  Alexander the
               Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.

        Thursday,   June 12th. Moon Sagittarius. Basilides.

        Friday,   June 13th. Moon Sagittarius. Full Moon.  Alfred.

        Saturday,   June 14th. Moon Capricorn. Basilius.

        *  M A N T R A  # 3 3  *

        So fühl ich erst die Welt,
        Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
        An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
        Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
        In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,
        In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

        So feel I first the World,
        That without my Soul's Living-With it [experience]
        As but a frozen empty Life
        And without Power is revealed,
        In new shaping out of the Soul,
        In itself alone, can only find Death.

        (In Autumn, we gradually gain greater Self-Consciousness rather than
        outer consciousness of external nature. This week, we reach the point in this growth of self-consciousness where we first feel detached completely from the outer world, and see that, without our soul's participation on it, it would be an
        icy, dead wasteland. We feel a strong urge to create, but we must see that if we create what has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be dead.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2005
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2005
            *******I may be offline for a few days, so I am sending the Sunday mantra early this week.       -starman

               The Calendar of the Soul

              Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
               These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar:

            This week's mantra.

            * M A N T R A  # 8 *
            Es wächst der Sinne Macht
            Im Bunde mit der Götter Schaffen,
            Sie drückt des Denkens Kraft
            Zur Traumes Dumpfheit mir herab.
            Wenn göttlich Wesen
            Sich meiner Seele einen will,
            Muss menschlich Denken
            Im Traumessein sich still bescheiden.

            There waxes the Senses' Might
            In Union with the Gods' Shaping,
            It draws my Thinking's Power
            Down to Dream Dimness.
            When godly Essence
            With my soul would become one,
            Must Man's Thinking
            Quietly humble itself to Dream-existence .

            A suggested interpretation:  (The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is so strong that it dims down thinking--- and this week, that very dim dream state is more what we must pay heed to.)

                                                        **********************************

            Sunday, May 15th.  Moon Leo.  Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

            Monday, May 16th. Moon Virgo. First Quarter.   Sarah. Suzanne.

            Tuesday, May 17th. Moon Virgo.   Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

            Wednesday, May 18th. Moon Virgo.   Isabella.

            Thursday, May 19th. Moon Libra.  J.G. Fichte born 1762.

            Friday, May 20th. Moon Libra.  Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

            Saturday, May 21st. Moon Scorpio.  Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2009
            • 1 Attachment
            • 93 KB
             The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner
            gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
            A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

            * M A N T R A  # 8 *

            Es wächst der Sinne Macht

            Im Bunde mit der Götter Schaffen,

            Sie drückt des Denkens Kraft

            Zur Traumes Dumpfheit mir herab.

            Wenn göttlich Wesen

            Sich meiner Seele einen will,

            Muss menschlich Denken

            Im Traumessein sich still bescheiden.

            There waxes the Senses’ Might

            In Union with the Gods’ Shaping,

            It draws my Thinking’s Power

            Down to Dream Dimness.

            When godly Essence

            With my soul would become one,

            Must Man’s Thinking

            Quietly humble itself to Dream-existence .

               (An interpretation: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,

            growing in this spring-time, is so strong that it dims down thinking, and

            this week that very dim dream state is more what we must pay heed to.)

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

                 THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, May 31st. Moon Virgo.   Angela.

             .

            Monday, June 1st. Moon Libra. Nicodemus.

            .

            Tuesday, June 2nd. Moon Libra. Erasmus.

            .

            Wednesday, June 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Clotilde.

            .

            Thursday, June 4th. Moon Scorpio. Karpasius..

             .

            Friday, June 5th. Moon Scorpio. Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

            Saturday, June 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Julian the Apostate born 331.

            PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion. The moon passes close to it Sunday night.

            PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes, while Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the south.

            Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.