Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 21st week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
      Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
      Den Keim empfind ich reifend
      Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
      Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

      I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
      Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
      I sense the Seed ripening
      And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
      Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
      other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
      THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
      the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
      would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
      This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
      dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a
      'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able
      to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be
      able to tap into.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo
      from September 8th to October 12th in our era. (Unfortunately we can't send
      the the symbolic image with this post; next week!) The Moon positions and
      phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
      days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
      and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday September 10th. Moon Capricornus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).
      Monday September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
      People).
      Tuesday September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.
      Wednesday September 13th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
      Feuerbach died.
      Thursday September 14th. Moon Pisces. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius,
      brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander
      von
      Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.
      Friday September 15th. Moon Aries. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
      leader).
      Saturday September 16th. Moon Aries. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
      died.

      *******Dr. Starman
    • starmann77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 23, 2000
        THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
        52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
        occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
        and in English.

        Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
        Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
        In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
        Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
        Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
        Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
        Der Sommer hat an mich
        Sich selber hingegeben.

        There is muffled Autumnally
        The Senses' streaming Charms;
        In Light-Revealings is mingled
        The Fog's musty Veil.
        I myself see in Space-Widenesses
        The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
        The Summer has to me
        Its own self given over.

        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
        "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
        'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
        at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
        entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
        were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
        in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
        Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
        could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
        spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
        close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

        This week's mantram:
        Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
        Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
        working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
        of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
        world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
        summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
        Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
        lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
        warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
        courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
        wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
        Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
        from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
        drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
        forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
        constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
        according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
        to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
        post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
        with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
        ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
        contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
        its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
        Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
        Gospels).
        Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
        Magicians.
        Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
        Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
        medical
        benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
        Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
        Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
        Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
        teacher.

        *******Dr. Starman

        Happy Michaelmas to all!
      • DocStarman@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 8, 2000
          THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
          Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
          52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
          (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
          the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
          cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
          each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
          spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
          The mantra in the original German and in English:

          Ich darf nun mir gehören
          Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
          In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
          Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
          Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
          Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
          In kalte Winterfluten.

          I'm allowed only to myself to belong
          And luminously spread Inner Light
          Into Space- and Time-darkness.
          As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
          The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
          And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
          Into the cold Winter-flowing.

          (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
          The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
          spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
          meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
          reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
          English to German.)

          This week's mantram:
          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
          develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
          we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
          which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
          was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
          state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
          is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
          solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
          September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
          Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
          & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
          Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
          with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
          first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
          for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
          restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
          connections.)

          Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
          Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
          Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
          counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
          for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
          Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
          Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
          Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
          Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
          Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
          Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

          *******Dr. Starman
        • DocStarman@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 22, 2000
            THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
            Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
            52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
            or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
            the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
            these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
            each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
            Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
            connected with specific days of the week.
            The mantra in the original German and in English:

            In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
            Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
            Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
            Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
            In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
            Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

            In my essence's deeps is a force:
            It excites a premonition-filled yearning
            That I in my self-contemplation find
            As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
            In Autumn's approach warming lives
            As my Soul's Power-Drive.

            The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
            spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
            meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
            experience.
            original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
            English to German.

            This week's mantram:
            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
            develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
            (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
            self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
            this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
            ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
            of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
            solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
            week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
            our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
            yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
            force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
            development as we press on into the Autumn.

            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
            Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
            indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
            and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
            birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
            ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
            contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
            restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
            connections.)

            Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
            Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
            Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
            Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
            Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
            Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
            Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
            Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

            *******Dr. Starman
          • DocStarman@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
              Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
              THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
              Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
              52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
              (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
              the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
              cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
              night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
              figures and events connected with specific days.
              The mantra in the original German and in English:

              Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
              Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
              Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
              Aus Seelensonnenmacht
              Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
              Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
              Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

              I can in Inner newly alive
              Feel my own Essence widen
              And power-filled Thinking-rays
              Out of Soul's Sun-Might
              Life-Riddles loosening giving,
              Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
              Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

              (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
              The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
              spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
              meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
              reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
              original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
              English to German.)

              This week's mantram:
              The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
              develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
              (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
              intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
              soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
              developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
              be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
              the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
              into the night-time of the year.

              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
              Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
              indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
              and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
              birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
              first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
              for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
              restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
              connections.)

              Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
              Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
              Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
              Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
              (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
              that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
              was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
              to all the gods.)
              Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
              as a Catholic Festival established).
              Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
              Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
              in Guadaloupe.

              *******Dr. Starman