    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 10:53 AM
      Sorry to be late this week. Happy Beltane (Walpurgis).

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week we begin
      with the first mantra, at Easter: here it is in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 5 *
      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
      In Raume fruchtbar webend
      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
      Und auferstanden
      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
      Weaving in Space bearing its fruit
      The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :
      In it shines the Soul’s Essence
      Widened to the World-Existence
      And resurrected
      Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

      The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our
      own inner souls, is like our souls spread out in external space.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday April 28th. Moon Sagittarius. Eusebius.
      Monday April 29th. Moon Sagittarius. The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans
      1429.
      Tuesday April 30th. Moon Capricorn. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the
      mathematician) born 1777.
      Wednesday May 1st. Moon Capricorn. Walpurgis.
      Thursday May 2nd. Moon Capricorn. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born
      1772.
      Friday May 3rd. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Empress Helena found the Cross
      of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.
      Saturday May 4th. Moon Aquarius. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2005
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the RAM in the original Soul-Calendar:

        (This image represents the human being conscious in both the physical below and "above", in the spiritual, as we will be in the next incarnation of the Earth, which Steiner called "Jupiter." See the recent Steinerbooks re-print of the original "Calendar of the Soul".)

        This week's mantra.

        *MANTRA #5*
        Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
        In Raume fruchtbar webend
        Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
        In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
        Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
        Und auferstanden
        Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

        In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
        In Space bearing its fruit weaves,
        The Gods' Shaping is revealed :
        In it shines the Soul's Essence
        Widened to World-Existence
        And resurrected
        Out of narrow Selfhood's Inner Might.

        *******An interpretation:  The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
        working. Working with the mantra, we can feel that this spiritual essence is similar to our own inner souls, that it is like our soul spread out in external space without the limits of our ego.

                                                    **********************************

        Sunday, April 24th.  Moon Scorpio. Full Moon.    Sigmund.

        Monday, April 25th. Moon Scorpio.  Mark the Evangelist.

        Tuesday, April 26th. Moon Sagittarius.   Uhland born 1787.

        Wednesday, April 27th. Moon Sagittarius.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

        Thursday, April 28th. Moon Capricorn.  Eusebius.

        Friday, April 29th. Moon Capricorn. The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

        Saturday, April 30th. Moon Aquarius. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born.

        Dr. Starman

        P.S. The bright "star" seen near the full moon tonight is the planet Jupiter.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 15 9:00 AM

          The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

          This week's mantra.

          *MANTRA #5*
          Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
          In Raume fruchtbar webend
          Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
          In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
          Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
          Und auferstanden
          Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

          In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
          Weaving in Space bearing its fruit
          The Gods' Shaping is revealed :
          In it shines the Soul's Essence
          Widened to the World-Existence
          And resurrected
          Out of narrow Selfhood's Inner Might.

          *******The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
          working. We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our
          own inner souls, that it is like our own soul spread out in external space.

                                                      **********************************

          Sunday, May 14th.  Moon Sagittarius.
          Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

          Monday, May 15th. Moon Capricorn.
          Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

          Tuesday, May 16th. Moon Capricorn.
          Sarah. Suzanne.

          Wednesday, May 17th. Moon Aquarius.

          Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

          Thursday, May 18th. Moon Aquarius.
          Isabella.

          Friday, May 19th. Moon Aquarius.

          J.G. Fichte born 1762.

          Saturday, May 20th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter.
          Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 11 3:56 PM

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner
            gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
            A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

            *MANTRA #5*

            Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen

            In Raume fruchtbar webend

            Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:

            In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen

            Geweitet zu dem Weltensein

            Und auferstanden

            Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

            In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps

            Weaving in Space bearing its fruit

            The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :

            In it shines the Soul’s Essence

            Widened to World-Existence

            And resurrected

            Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

            *******An interpretation:

              The working of the Sun in the springtime growth of the plants and all the awakening of Nature we experience now, reveals the Divine rising up from the invisible spiritual depths into materiality.

              We can feel when we behold this, that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner soul feelings--- that it is like our feelings would be if set free from any limitation by the Ego, sprouting joyously all about us in external space.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, May 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Gordian.

             .

            Monday, May 11th. Moon Sagittarius.  Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

            .

            Tuesday, May 12th. Moon Capricorn.  Pancratius.

            .

            Wednesday, May 13th. Moon Capricorn. Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

            .

            Thursday, May 14th. Moon Aquarius.  Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

             .

            Friday, May 15th. Moon Aquarius.  Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

            Saturday, May 16th. Moon Aquarius..  Sarah. Suzanne.

            PLANETS: Saturn is visible in the East from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.