CALENDAR OF THE SOUL WEEK 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 7:35 PM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. First, this week's
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 2 *
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

      The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
      our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking
      thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is
      the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Pisces from
      Mar. 9th to Apr. 13th in our era. The symbolic image of the Fishes done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings. We're at work on
      a web site so we could send links that would always enable you to see it.

      Sunday April 7th. Moon Aquarius. Egesippus (Christian writer of the second
      century in Rome).
      Monday April 8th. Moon Pisces. Wilhelm von Humboldt died 1835.
      Tuesday April 9th. Moon Pisces. Mary Cleophas (who with Mary of Magdala and
      the Mother of Jesus in John’s Gospel was present at the Crucifixion).
      Theophilus (Bishop of Alexandria in the 5th century). Francis Bacon of
      Verulam died 1626.
      Wednesday April 10th. Moon Aries. The Prophets Daniel and Ezekiel.
      Thursday April 11th. Moon Aries. Leo (Pope that turned back the wave of
      Attila from Italy).
      Friday April 12th. Moon Aries. New Moon. Zeno.
      Saturday April 13th. Moon Taurus. Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of
      the time of Marcus Aurelius).