Re: [steiner] art

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
      Dear Dr Starman,
      Can you tell more to which art the different temperaments are drawn?
      I remember that in Waldorf/Steiner schools children are encouraged to take up different
      musical instrument according to their constitution, but could not say which. Anyway that would
      be temperaments within an art form.
      Franky

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
        Dear Celia,
        In the philosophy of freedom Steiner does for example bring sentences one after the other
        sometime not for the continuity of the argument, but introduces a break in a different mood.
        Like using different colours in painting in order to achieve an artistic effect on the reader.
        In the same book the first chapters are like consonants, the last are all like vowels, this is
        an artistic (via poetic means/language) treatment of philosophy.
        Franky

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
          In a message dated 2/16/2002 5:35:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          eurythmy@... writes:

          << Dear Dr Starman,
          Can you tell more to which art the different temperaments are drawn?
          I remember that in Waldorf/Steiner schools children are encouraged to take
          up different
          musical instrument according to their constitution, but could not say which.
          Anyway that would
          be temperaments within an art form.
          Franky

          *******Yes, the Choleric or Fiery temperament whose etheric body has much
          Warmth Ether is drawn to Speech (Poetry, Drama) and Music; the Sanguine or
          'Airy' temperament which has the Light Ether in its etheric is drawn to Music
          also, but primarily to painting; the Phlegmatic (Watery) with its Chemical
          Ether body is drawn to sculpture and clay modelling, and the Melancholic
          (Earthy---Life Ether) to architecture and especially attracted to Eurythmy.

          In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,

          << > >