Re: [steiner] Re: Summing Up Spirit, Soul & Body

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14 8:33 AM
      Steiner's description of us having a Spirit, soul and body, and each being threefold, also matches the teaching of Dionysius the Aeropagite about the Nine Hierarchies, 3 groups of 3. Plotinus called these 3 levels the 3 Hypostases of the Divine. They are also the 3 'Mother Letters' in the Kabbalah, Sheen (Fire) Aleph (Air) and Mem (Water), as well as being asscoiated with the three worlds through which our 4th World has passed in that same old tradition.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16 6:51 PM
        So we have a threefold body, with its head/nerve system, rhythmic system and
        will-metabolic system---and that is a reflection of the fact that the
        physical body is a concentration of the 3 bodies, the astral, etheric and
        physical; and this threefoldness is itself a reflection of us being a Trinity
        of Body, Soul and Spirit.

        And Man is 3 X 3, or 9-fold.