Re: [steiner] Re: Summing Up Spirit, Soul & Body

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2002
      DRStarman2001@... writes:
      This got jumbled up the first time. Let's try again...

      Two sets of correspondances:

      Physical body Saturn Moon
      Life body Jupiter Mercury
      Astral body Mars Venus
      I, as soul kernel Sun Sun
      Spirit self Venus Mars
      Life spirit Mercury Jupiter
      Spirit man Moon Saturn
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2002
        Two sets of correspondances:

        Physical body Saturn Moon
        Life body Jupiter Mercury
        Astral body Mars Venus
        I, as soul kernel Sun Sun
        Spirit self Venus Mars
        Life spirit Mercury Jupiter
        Spirit man Moon Saturn

        The reason why both are true is that from one point of view the Spirit and the body are opposites, and the spirit with its 3 parts is associated with the Outer Planets. But the highest spiritual powers work in the densest parts of ourselves; so from another point of view, Saturn is the mineral kingdom and the skeleton, for instance. And the Outer Planets work below the surface of the earth.

        A third correspondance which is also true:
        Two sets of correspondances:

        Physical body Saturn
        Life body Sun
        Astral body Moon
        I, as soul kernel Earth
        Spirit self Jupiter
        Life spirit Venus
        Spirit man "Vulcan"

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2002
          Steiner's description of us having a Spirit, soul and body, and each being threefold, also matches the teaching of Dionysius the Aeropagite about the Nine Hierarchies, 3 groups of 3. Plotinus called these 3 levels the 3 Hypostases of the Divine. They are also the 3 'Mother Letters' in the Kabbalah, Sheen (Fire) Aleph (Air) and Mem (Water), as well as being asscoiated with the three worlds through which our 4th World has passed in that same old tradition.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2002
            So we have a threefold body, with its head/nerve system, rhythmic system and
            will-metabolic system---and that is a reflection of the fact that the
            physical body is a concentration of the 3 bodies, the astral, etheric and
            physical; and this threefoldness is itself a reflection of us being a Trinity
            of Body, Soul and Spirit.

            And Man is 3 X 3, or 9-fold.