Re: [steiner] art

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2002
      Dear Celia,
      By nature anthroposophical Philosophy IS an art. as all art it can be theories about it
      [philosophy, theology] etc...
      Practice makes perfect.
      Franky
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
        Hello Franky,

        Thanks for your answer. I have been reading quite a
        lot about this item lately, but I haven't found
        anything clear yet. I guess I have a long way to go
        until I'll get an answer, I only hope to have enough
        time to do it.

        Anyway, nice to meet you!

        Celia

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
            In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            celiagk@... writes:

            << > >
            > > I wonder what art means for anthroposophical
            > > philosophy,can you tell me about it.
            > >
            > > Thanks, Celia >>

            Art is the spiritual path for modern man, according to anthroposophy---not
            prayer as in going into a monastery, or yoga meditation where you withdraw
            into your inner self... but creating FROM the self. And the different
            temperaments of human beings draw them to different types of creative art.

            Starman
          • eurythmy
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
              Dear Dr Starman,
              Can you tell more to which art the different temperaments are drawn?
              I remember that in Waldorf/Steiner schools children are encouraged to take up different
              musical instrument according to their constitution, but could not say which. Anyway that would
              be temperaments within an art form.
              Franky

              In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,

              << > >

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
                Dear Celia,
                In the philosophy of freedom Steiner does for example bring sentences one after the other
                sometime not for the continuity of the argument, but introduces a break in a different mood.
                Like using different colours in painting in order to achieve an artistic effect on the reader.
                In the same book the first chapters are like consonants, the last are all like vowels, this is
                an artistic (via poetic means/language) treatment of philosophy.
                Franky

                > Thanks for your answer. I have been reading quite a
                > lot about this item lately, but I haven't found
                > anything clear yet. I guess I have a long way to
                > go
                > until I'll get an answer, I only hope to have enough
                > time to do it.
                >
                > Anyway, nice to meet you!
                >
                > Celia
                >

                > --- eurythmy <eurythmy@...> wrote:
                > > Dear Celia,
                > > By nature anthroposophical Philosophy IS an art.
                > as
                > > all art it can be theories about it
                > > [philosophy, theology] etc...
                > > Practice makes perfect.
                > > Franky

                Search the archives of the group at:

                Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
                  In a message dated 2/16/2002 5:35:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  eurythmy@... writes:

                  << Dear Dr Starman,
                  Can you tell more to which art the different temperaments are drawn?
                  I remember that in Waldorf/Steiner schools children are encouraged to take
                  up different
                  musical instrument according to their constitution, but could not say which.
                  Anyway that would
                  be temperaments within an art form.
                  Franky

                  *******Yes, the Choleric or Fiery temperament whose etheric body has much
                  Warmth Ether is drawn to Speech (Poetry, Drama) and Music; the Sanguine or
                  'Airy' temperament which has the Light Ether in its etheric is drawn to Music
                  also, but primarily to painting; the Phlegmatic (Watery) with its Chemical
                  Ether body is drawn to sculpture and clay modelling, and the Melancholic
                  (Earthy---Life Ether) to architecture and especially attracted to Eurythmy.

                  In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                  << > >