Calendar of the Soul, Week 44 After Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
      enabling you to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within you as well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are
      well known to many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in
      1912 ALSO contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the
      Moon's phase and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
      'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
      with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week's
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 4 4 *
      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize
      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,
      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,
      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden
      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings
      Filling Soul-Clarity,
      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,
      Entangling sprouting World-Becoming
      With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

      This week's mantram:
      We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more
      sleep while the Earth awakens. This week, stirrings of life in the wakening
      outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the spirit-birth
      acheived at Christmas.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aquarius
      from Feb. 9th to Mar. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Water-Man
      done from Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post.

      Sunday February 10th. Moon Aquarius. Theophany of Paul on the Way to
      Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.
      Monday February 11th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon. 1650 Descartes died.
      Tuesday February 12th. Moon Pisces. 1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.
      Wednesday February 13th. Moon Pisces. 1883 Richard Wagner died.
      Thursday February 14th. Moon Pisces. Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v.
      Esenbeck, Botanist, born 1776.
      Friday February 15th. Moon Aries. Galilei Born 1564. Lessing died 1781.

      Saturday February 16th. Moon Aries. Ernst Haeckel born 1834.