art

  • celia kusner
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2002
      I wonder what art means for anthroposophical
      philosophy,can you tell me about it.

      Thanks, Celia

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 13, 2002
        Dear Celia,
        By nature anthroposophical Philosophy IS an art. as all art it can be theories about it
        [philosophy, theology] etc...
        Practice makes perfect.
        Franky
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
          Hello Franky,

          Thanks for your answer. I have been reading quite a
          lot about this item lately, but I haven't found
          anything clear yet. I guess I have a long way to go
          until I'll get an answer, I only hope to have enough
          time to do it.

          Anyway, nice to meet you!

          Celia

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
              In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              celiagk@... writes:

              << > >
              > > I wonder what art means for anthroposophical
              > > philosophy,can you tell me about it.
              > >
              > > Thanks, Celia >>

              Art is the spiritual path for modern man, according to anthroposophy---not
              prayer as in going into a monastery, or yoga meditation where you withdraw
              into your inner self... but creating FROM the self. And the different
              temperaments of human beings draw them to different types of creative art.

              Starman
            • eurythmy
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
                Dear Dr Starman,
                Can you tell more to which art the different temperaments are drawn?
                I remember that in Waldorf/Steiner schools children are encouraged to take up different
                musical instrument according to their constitution, but could not say which. Anyway that would
                be temperaments within an art form.
                Franky

                In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                << > >

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
                  Dear Celia,
                  In the philosophy of freedom Steiner does for example bring sentences one after the other
                  sometime not for the continuity of the argument, but introduces a break in a different mood.
                  Like using different colours in painting in order to achieve an artistic effect on the reader.
                  In the same book the first chapters are like consonants, the last are all like vowels, this is
                  an artistic (via poetic means/language) treatment of philosophy.
                  Franky

                  > Thanks for your answer. I have been reading quite a
                  > lot about this item lately, but I haven't found
                  > anything clear yet. I guess I have a long way to
                  > go
                  > until I'll get an answer, I only hope to have enough
                  > time to do it.
                  >
                  > Anyway, nice to meet you!
                  >
                  > Celia
                  >

                  > --- eurythmy <eurythmy@...> wrote:
                  > > Dear Celia,
                  > > By nature anthroposophical Philosophy IS an art.
                  > as
                  > > all art it can be theories about it
                  > > [philosophy, theology] etc...
                  > > Practice makes perfect.
                  > > Franky

                  Search the archives of the group at:

                  Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 16, 2002
                    In a message dated 2/16/2002 5:35:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                    eurythmy@... writes:

                    << Dear Dr Starman,
                    Can you tell more to which art the different temperaments are drawn?
                    I remember that in Waldorf/Steiner schools children are encouraged to take
                    up different
                    musical instrument according to their constitution, but could not say which.
                    Anyway that would
                    be temperaments within an art form.
                    Franky

                    *******Yes, the Choleric or Fiery temperament whose etheric body has much
                    Warmth Ether is drawn to Speech (Poetry, Drama) and Music; the Sanguine or
                    'Airy' temperament which has the Light Ether in its etheric is drawn to Music
                    also, but primarily to painting; the Phlegmatic (Watery) with its Chemical
                    Ether body is drawn to sculpture and clay modelling, and the Melancholic
                    (Earthy---Life Ether) to architecture and especially attracted to Eurythmy.

                    In a message dated 2/15/2002 2:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                    << > >