Re: [steiner] The Human Will

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2 10:04 AM
      In a message dated 1/2/2002 1:21:24 AM, softabyss@... writes:

      << Do you think it is fair to say that we can not intuit
      representations, only concepts, so that representations are
      always the RESULTS of intuitions?

      Carol >>

      *******I'd say absolutely. We draw concepts from the ideal world by
      'intuition', Steiner writes. 'Representations' or mental images we make by
      connecting these concepts we've drawn by intuition TO perceptions the body
      gives us. A representation or 'thought-image' (as opposed to actual
      thinking) is, better put, the RESULT of a concept being connected to a
      perception (or many perceptions). It's a middle entity between concept and
      perception.

      Starman
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2 10:51 PM
        Well, I see that there is a new book out called "Rudolf
        Steiner for Beginners"...

        And thanks for the examples; they helped me make some clearer
        distinctions.

        Carol

        http://greetings.yahoo.com