Re: [steiner] Staying on topic

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2001
      pacbay@... writes:
      << ... The real wonder is how all relates to the 12 Nights of Christmas, the
      genesis the new year and the Spirit of the Season, in general. >>

      *******Jeff, we chose this book to study here on this list. No one's twisting
      your arm to use it. You have your own list, after all, and could have taken
      up any book you wished to there if you feel that an important book by Steiner
      (in fct, the most important book he wrote, he said) isn't 'Christian' enough
      for the Holy Nights, or whatever. But as we're taking it chapter by chapter
      it is not helpful to want to talk about things not relevant to any of them,
      that's all.

      <<< If this was a genuine philosophic discussion in the real world, "outside"
      and "off topic" issues would be the norm not the exception.>>>

      *******This is a discussion of one particular book in which subjects are
      introduced chapter by chapter. In an intensive 12 Nights' study we shouldn't
      wander off topic, no. The other participants have done a great job, I think,
      in discussing what we're all reading, not something else.