Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 20th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      So fühl ich erst mein Sein,
      Das fern vom Welten-Dasein
      In sich, sich selbst erlöschen
      Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde
      In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

      So feel I first my Being
      That far from World-Existence
      In itself, itself loses
      And building only out of its own Ground
      In itself, itself must die.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
      other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
      THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      This week one begins to feel one's self for the first time since 'losing'
      it in the light & warmth of the summer; but along with this is the feeling
      that oneself, isolated from the world, will perish along with all that one
      attempts to build from self, if that is the sole basis of one's creations.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
      August 4th to September 7th (and then enters the influence of the Virgin) in
      our era. (Unfortunately we cannot send the symbolic images executed from
      sketches & indictations by the Doctor with this post.) The Moon positions and
      phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
      days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
      and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday September 3rd. Moon Libra. Eusebius.
      Monday September 4th. Moon Scorpius. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.
      Tuesday September 5th. Moon Scorpius. First Quarter. Nathaniel (he who in
      John's
      Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').
      Wednesday September 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
      Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno
      Bauer born.
      Thursday September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. Regina.
      Friday September 8th. Moon Capricornus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader
      of
      Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th
      century.
      Saturday September 9th. Moon Capricornus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

      *******Dr. Starman
    • starmann77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10, 2000
        THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 21st week after Easter. The Calendar's
        52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
        occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
        and in English.

        Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
        Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
        Den Keim empfind ich reifend
        Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
        Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

        I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
        Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
        I sense the Seed ripening
        And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
        Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
        "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
        'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
        at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
        entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
        have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
        using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
        other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
        THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
        I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
        English to German.

        This week's mantram:
        Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
        the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
        would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
        This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
        dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a
        'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able
        to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be
        able to tap into.

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
        originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
        the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
        position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
        forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo
        from September 8th to October 12th in our era. (Unfortunately we can't send
        the the symbolic image with this post; next week!) The Moon positions and
        phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
        days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
        and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
        translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
        spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        Sunday September 10th. Moon Capricornus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).
        Monday September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
        People).
        Tuesday September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.
        Wednesday September 13th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
        Feuerbach died.
        Thursday September 14th. Moon Pisces. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius,
        brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander
        von
        Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.
        Friday September 15th. Moon Aries. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
        leader).
        Saturday September 16th. Moon Aries. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
        died.

        *******Dr. Starman
      • starmann77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 23, 2000
          THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
          52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
          occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
          and in English.

          Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
          Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
          In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
          Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
          Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
          Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
          Der Sommer hat an mich
          Sich selber hingegeben.

          There is muffled Autumnally
          The Senses' streaming Charms;
          In Light-Revealings is mingled
          The Fog's musty Veil.
          I myself see in Space-Widenesses
          The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
          The Summer has to me
          Its own self given over.

          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
          "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
          'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
          at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
          entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
          were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
          in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
          Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
          could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
          spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
          close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

          This week's mantram:
          Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
          Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
          working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
          of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
          world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
          summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
          Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
          lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
          warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
          courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
          wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
          Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
          from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
          drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
          forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
          constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
          according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
          to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
          post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
          with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
          ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
          contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
          its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
          Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
          Gospels).
          Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
          Magicians.
          Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
          Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
          medical
          benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
          Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
          Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
          Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
          teacher.

          *******Dr. Starman

          Happy Michaelmas to all!
        • DocStarman@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 8, 2000
            THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
            Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
            52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
            (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
            the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
            cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
            each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
            spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
            The mantra in the original German and in English:

            Ich darf nun mir gehören
            Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
            In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
            Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
            Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
            Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
            In kalte Winterfluten.

            I'm allowed only to myself to belong
            And luminously spread Inner Light
            Into Space- and Time-darkness.
            As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
            The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
            And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
            Into the cold Winter-flowing.

            (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
            The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
            spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
            meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
            reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
            original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
            English to German.)

            This week's mantram:
            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
            develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
            we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
            which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
            was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
            state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
            is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
            solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
            September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
            Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
            & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
            Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
            with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
            first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
            for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
            restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
            connections.)

            Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
            Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
            Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
            counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
            for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
            Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
            Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
            Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
            Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
            Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
            Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

            *******Dr. Starman
          • DocStarman@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 22, 2000
              THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
              Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
              52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
              or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
              the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
              these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
              each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
              Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
              connected with specific days of the week.
              The mantra in the original German and in English:

              In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
              Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
              Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
              Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
              In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
              Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

              In my essence's deeps is a force:
              It excites a premonition-filled yearning
              That I in my self-contemplation find
              As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
              In Autumn's approach warming lives
              As my Soul's Power-Drive.

              The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
              spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
              meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
              experience.
              original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
              English to German.

              This week's mantram:
              The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
              develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
              (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
              self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
              this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
              ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
              of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
              solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
              week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
              our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
              yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
              force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
              development as we press on into the Autumn.

              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
              Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
              indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
              and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
              birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
              ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
              contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
              restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
              connections.)

              Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
              Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
              Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
              Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
              Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
              Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
              Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
              Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

              *******Dr. Starman
            • DocStarman@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
                Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
                THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
                night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
                figures and events connected with specific days.
                The mantra in the original German and in English:

                Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
                Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
                Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
                Aus Seelensonnenmacht
                Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
                Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
                Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

                I can in Inner newly alive
                Feel my own Essence widen
                And power-filled Thinking-rays
                Out of Soul's Sun-Might
                Life-Riddles loosening giving,
                Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
                Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

                (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                English to German.)

                This week's mantram:
                The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
                intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
                soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
                developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
                be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
                the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
                into the night-time of the year.

                * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
                first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                connections.)

                Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
                Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
                Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
                Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
                (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
                that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
                was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
                to all the gods.)
                Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
                as a Catholic Festival established).
                Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
                Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
                in Guadaloupe.

                *******Dr. Starman