The 12 Holy Nights

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2001
      No one has been posting anything on this list, nor specifically about
      taking a book for the 12 Holy Nights together. A few people on the
      anthroposophy list have expressed interest in taking up The Philosophy of
      Freedom. What do you all think about that? It's in 14 sections.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2001
        Christmas Eve is Monday night and that's when we're supposed to start a
        study. Who wants to participate? Any perferences with what?
      • elf
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 20, 2001

            DRStarman2001@... wrote:

          Christmas Eve is Monday night and that's when we're supposed to start a
          study. Who wants to participate? Any perferences with what?

          I want to.. I want to.. I will beed very quietly though coz i don't knowed a lot of this.  I will just peeped fron behind the trees mmmm.Yes.  and study the notes by my little fire.  Elf rubbed her hands very pleased,  Then I will beed very good on Zen and gettin a learn on thinkin with ma bones.  Very nice

          Post to steiner@egroups.com

          Search the archives of the group at:

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

          Do You Yahoo!?
          Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your holiday gifts!

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 7, 2002

            *  M A N T R A  # 3 7 (WINTER)  *
            Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht
            Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb
            Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime
            In Weltengrunden wurzeln
            Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel
            Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

            "To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,
            Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive
            That light-filled Soul-Seeds
            In World-Ground take root
            And God's Word in Senses' Darkness
            Makes clear all Being it resounds through."

            *******A good Winter meditation. Well, tonight we finish the first week of Advent, in which we try to turn our hearts to the One who came to rectify all Earth-Evolution.  (One way to use Advent to connect with the Christ is the old method of an "advent table", where the Christmas Nativity scene of a manger, Joseph and Mary and all is gradually built up over the four weeks; the first week, you put on crystals, in memory of the mineral kingdom's creation; the second week, things from the plant kingdom, the third week animal products (and images of the Ox and Ass), and then in the final week the human figures. This is a way of re-experiencing how the world came into existence in four stages, and its whole purpose for doing so was for the life, death and resurrection of the Christ, which alone the makes human life on earth something able to rise up to its higher purposes.)
               That makes three weeks before Christmas, and as most of you may know it's an anthroposophical tradition to take some book and study it together over the 12 Holy Nights, which Rudolf Steiner pointed to as a time when the spiritual world is close to our human world. Such things are never more needed than during times of war and the nearness of wars, as our time is. We've done a study together here on the Internet the past two Christmases, and talked about doing another, but haven't chosen a book yet, much less talked about how to do it. How about hearing from some people who would like to participate, including ideas of what to study?