Re: [steiner] Calendar of the Soul, Week 36 after Easter

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 19, 2001
      In a message dated 12/18/01 1:44:57 AM, charliemorrison@... writes:

      << Hi Dr Starman,

      Your attachments give me a choice of two files (both of the same name but
      different sizes), one allows me to see the image, the other doesn't.

      warm regards,

      Charlie. >>

      *******Thanks for the feedback. How strange. Perhaps that's like what happens
      to ZIP files when I download them on my Macintosh...they come out a folder
      split into two files.

      I always appreciate any help people can offer to understand how to get
      both text and image to go through this medium correctly.

      Starman
    • George Thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2002
        Images coming through just fine. There are MIME
        decoders available for free on the web that may be
        able to turn the seeming endless gibberish into an
        image.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
          The "Calendar of the Soul"
            The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the Beings behind the seasons. Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' for this, 52 meditative mantras enabling you to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you and in Nature during the year. These verses are well known to many anthroposophists---- but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO had 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phases and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days of the week. We're presenting the whole Calendar as it was meant to be used here for the first time since 1912.
              We begin with the mantra in the original German and in translation:

          *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *
          In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
          Zur Offenbarung drangend
          Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
          Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
          Mit meinem Geisteslicht
          Zu opfern dich durch mich.

          "In my Being's Deeps speaks
          Urging me to Revelation
          Mysteriously the World-Word:
          'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
          With My Spirit-Light
          To offer yourself up through Me' "

          This week's mantram:
              Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. As we near Winter, this awareness grew to the point last week that we sought to so know the world that it was IT, not just the self, which worked creatively in us, and felt power lent us to so BE one with the world. This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

               The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
             Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

                                                **********************************
               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Sagittarius from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. The symbolic image of the 'Archer' done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

          Sunday, December 1st. Moon Scorpio.  Longinus. (First Sunday of Advent.)

          Monday, December 2nd. Moon Scorpio.  Cortez died 1547.

          Tuesday, December 3rd. Moon Sagittarius.  St. Francis Xavier.

          Wednesday, December 4th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon.  Thomas Carlyle born 1795. Galvani died 1798.

          Thursday, December 5th. Moon Capricorn.  Mozart died 1791.

          Friday, December 6th. Moon Capricorn.  Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.) Max Muller the Orientalist born 1833.

          Saturday, December 7th. Moon Aquarius.  First German railroad opened 1835.

          *   M A N T R A  #6 *
          Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit
          Mein Selbst und findet sich
          Als Weltenoffenbarung
          In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;
          Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall
          Als goöttlich Urbild
          Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

          There has arisen out of my Egohood
          My Self and finds itself
          As World-Revelation
          In Time- and Space-forces;
          The World, it points out to me everywhere
          As godly Archetypal picture
          My own Image's truth.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
            DRStarman2001@... writes:
              >>   The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Sagittarius from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. The symbolic image of the 'Archer' done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below...

            ******Isn't this bizarre? The image above was sunbstituted in transmission for the actual image of Sagittarius, hopefully shown below.  No idea where it came from.

                Hopefully this isn't a message from the universe that we're running a 'Mickey Mouse' operation here. ;->

               Today is the first Sunday of Advent, and I think it's a good time to reflect on if we want to do a group study for the Holy Nights, and if so, what we'd like to take up. I incline personally to think we shouldn't study anything about Minnie Mouse, but I'm open to suggestions.

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 21, 2003

              4th Sunday of Advent.

              The "Calendar of the Soul"

                 Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the lunar forces), and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form.

                 The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. A symbolic image of the ARCHER done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

              This week's mantra.
                   For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

              *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *
              In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
              Zur Offenbarung drangend
              Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
              Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
              Mit meinem Geisteslicht
              Zu opfern dich durch mich.

              "In my Being's Deeps speaks
              Urging me to Revelation
              Mysteriously the World-Word:
              'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
              With My Spirit-Light
              To offer yourself up through Me' "

                Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. As we near Winter, this awareness grew to the point last week that we sought to so know the world that it was IT, not just the self, which worked creatively in us, and felt power lent us to so BE one with the world. This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that, if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves up through it.

              The verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

              *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *
              Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
              An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
              An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
              In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
              Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
              Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

              It is in this sun-hour
              For you, the wise prophecy to know;
              To World-Beauty given over,
              In you you feel to live through:
              Man's I can lose itself
              And find itself in the World-I.

                 The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now
              so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a
              fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again
              in spirit-being in the height of summer.

                                                     **********************************

              Sunday,  December 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

              Monday,   December
              22nd. Moon Sagittarius. Theodosius.

              Tuesday,   December
              23rd. Moon Capricorn. New Moon.  Dagobert.

              Wednesday,  December 24th.
              Moon Capricorn.  Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

              Thursday,  December 25th.
              Moon Aquarius. Birth of Jesus. Newton born 1642. Charlemagne crowned King in Rome 799.

              Friday,  December 26th.
              Moon Aquarius.  St. Stephen, the first Martyr.

              Saturday,  December 27th.
              Moon Pisces.  Day of John, author of the Gospel. Kepler born 1571.

                P.S.  Reddish Mars still is visible in the South at sunset each evening and then going towards settting in the West about midnight. Venus is now also visible in the West above the setting Sun for a short time after sunset, the "evening star". Saturn can be seen in the East from sunset all through the night, to the right of the two stars Castor and Pollux of the constellation Gemini. Jupiter rises after midnight beneath the Lion.

                 All these planets will be visible in the sky throughout the spring, and the Moon will be seen to go past 3 of them, one at a time, over the 12 Holy Nights.

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2005
                Sorry to be late with this week's calendar again. -starman

                The Calendar of the Soul

                Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative
                mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
                within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra
                on Easter Sunday.

                These mantras for each week are well known to many students of
                Steiner, but few know that the original "Calendar " ALSO had 12 Images
                of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of
                the solar forces in the cosmos, a listing of the Moon's phases &
                position in the signs each night for sensing the lunar forces, and a
                list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of
                events to contemplate on specific days. Here we present the
                "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

                constellation SCORPIO from November 9th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's and colored with the corresponding color, is below.

                2/Soul-Calendar%20Zodiac%20ImagesScorpio.jpg

                This week's mantra.
                For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic
                path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken
                spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual
                hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
                important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper
                soul-forces into its inner experience is what is essential Also, these
                mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in
                that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
                original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
                from English to German.

                * M A N T R A # 3 6 *
                In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
                Zur Offenbarung drangend
                Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
                Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
                Mit meinem Geisteslicht
                Zu opfern dich durch mich.

                "In my Being's Deeps speaks
                Urging me to Revelation
                Mysteriously the World-Word:
                'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
                With My Spirit-Light
                To offer yourself up through Me' "

                A partial interpretation:
                Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. As we near Winter, this awareness grew to the point last week that we sought to so know the world that it was IT, not just the self, which worked creatively in us, and felt power lent us to so BE one with the world.
                This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that, if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves up through it.

                The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along
                with some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

                Sunday November 27th. Moon Libra. 1701 Celsius born.
                Monday November 28th Moon Scorpio. Noah, the last Patriarch before the Flood..
                Tuesday November 29th Moon Scorpio. Decimal-Mass-System introduced in France 1800.
                Wednesday November 30th Moon Sagittarius. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.
                Thursday December 1st Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Longinus.
                Friday December 2nd Moon Capricorn. Cortez died 1547.
                Saturday December 3rd Moon Capricorn.St. Francis Xavier.

                P.S. I found out while researching here at the Goetheanum that Steiner
                definitely intended the Soul-Calendar list of peoples' birth and
                death-days to be added to by we users, as I'd thought. So from now on,
                I'm going to add more recent people to it. Members of the list
                should feel free to do the same.

                THE PLANETS: Venus the "evening star" can be seen low in the Western
                sky for a short time after sunset, just above the setting sun.
                Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth,
                rises in the East at sunset, near the Pleiades. Saturn rises in
                the East about midnight, close to the bright 'twin' stars Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 17, 2006
                  The "Calendar of the Soul"

                  Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

                  days.

                  constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.
                  A version of the new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original
                  Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
                  attached to this e-mail.

                  This week's mantra.
                  uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
                  spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
                  experience.

                  English to German.

                  * M A N T R A # 3 6 *
                  In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
                  Zur Offenbarung drangend
                  Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
                  Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
                  Mit meinem Geisteslicht
                  Zu opfern dich durch mich.

                  "In my Being's Deeps speaks
                  Urging me to Revelation
                  Mysteriously the World-Word:
                  'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
                  With My Spirit-Light
                  To offer yourself up through Me' "

                  An interpretation: This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's
                  depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with
                  its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

                  **********************************

                  some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

                  Sunday, December 17th. Moon Sagittarius. Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ
                  was awakened.

                  Monday, December 18th. Moon Sagittarius. Lamarck died 1829.

                  Tuesday, December 19th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Abraham.

                  Wednesday, December 20th. Moon Capricorn. Ammon, Christian teacher of the
                  2nd century.

                  Thursday, December 21st. Moon Capricorn. Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting"
                  Apostle.

                  Friday, December 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Theodosius.

                  Saturday, December 23rd. Moon Aquarius. Dagobert.