Re: [steiner] Studying

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
      >>>In regard to a book for study, I believe I would have
      a hard time as a regular study group participant
      delving into the depths of a hearty discussion of
      Steiner's works, the understanding of which, to me,
      relies upon a warm, personal connection with the
      subject matter, without the living breath of direct
      "face-to-face" interaction. However, I do enjoy
      reading the e-mails as they come in and especially
      appreciate Dr. Starman's commitment, which appears to
      keep this group running, to responding to our
      questions and comments with regularity.
      -George

      *******Why, thanks, George. Of course you're right that study here can't compete with or replace meeting together each night with people over the 12 Nights--- but that is hard to arrange with peoples' schedules, unless people are really committed to it, even if you're in an anthroposophic community. Here, the disadvantage of it not being very human at least has an offsetting advantage that the 'community' is worldwide--- anyone in the world interested in participating... so that it's a great substitute for those not in any anthroposophic community, which is most of us.