Re: [steiner] Speaking too soon.

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2001
      In a message dated 12/5/01 7:51:22 PM, social_artist@... writes:

      << I just realized that you mentioned in this posting
      that you would be forwarding the Steiner image for
      Sagitarius next week. Please disregard my previous
      request.

      Thank you!
      -George

      That's all right---here it is anyway. An experiment.

      --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:
      > *******Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar.

    • George Thomas
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2001
        Thank you for the image. Perfect timing. My birthday
        is Saturday.

        -George

        --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 12/5/01 7:51:22 PM,
        > social_artist@... writes:
        >
        > << I just realized that you mentioned in this
        > posting
        > that you would be forwarding the Steiner image for
        > Sagitarius next week. Please disregard my previous
        > request.
        >
        > Thank you!
        > -George
        >
        > That's all right---here it is anyway. An experiment.
        >
        > --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:
        > > *******Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar.
        > > >>

        > ATTACHMENT part 2.1 application/applefile
        name=ARCHER.jpg; x-mac-creator=474b4f4e;
        x-mac-type=4a504547

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 8, 2001
          In a message dated 12/6/2001 2:04:02 PM, social_artist@... writes:

          << Thank you for the image. Perfect timing. My birthday
          is Saturday.

          -George >>

          Funny---I couldn't see it in my copy.

          Starman

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2003
            2nd Sunday of Advent.

            The "Calendar of the Soul"

               Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the lunar forces), and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form.

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. A symbolic image of the ARCHER, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

            This week's mantra.
                 For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

            *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

            Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
            Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
            Im Innern sich belebend f
            ühlend:
            Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
            In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
            Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

            Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
            With newly-arisen Self-Being
            Within me I enlivened feel:
            It shall awakened World-Power
            Into my Life's outer work let flow
            And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

                 Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.
                 Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life, and thus the World's power now consiously flows into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

                                                   **********************************

            Sunday,  December 7th. Moon Gemini.    First German railroad opened 1835.

            Monday,   December
            8th. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.   Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).
                 Herbert Spencer died 1903.

            Tuesday,   December
            9th. Moon Cancer.  Poet Milton born1608.

            Wednesday,  December 10th.
            Moon Cancer.   1520 Luther burns Papal Bull.

            Thursday,  December 11th.
            Moon Cancer.  1843 Robert Koch born.

            Friday,  December 12th.
            Moon Leo. Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

            Saturday,  December 13th.
            Moon Leo. Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

            The verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

            *  M A N T R A  # 9 *
            Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
            Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
            Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
            Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
            Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
            Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
            Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

            Forgetting my Egohood's Will,
            The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
            Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
            To lose myself in the Light,
            The Spirit-Vision commands me,
            And powerfully prophesies to me:
            Lose yourself, and yourself you'll find.

            [ The spiritual force of the light in the outer world grows so strong that
            the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it;
            this is what we should do at this time, for it's a stage in a process
            necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year. ]

              P.S.  Reddish Mars still dominates the night sky, visible directly South at sunset each evening and then going towards settting in the West about midnight, but Venus is now also visible in the West above the setting Sun for a short time after sunset, the "evening star". Saturn can be seen in the East from sunset all through the night, to the right of the two stars Castor and Pollux of the constellation Gemini. Jupiter rises after midnight.

               All these planets will be visible in the sky throughout the spring, and the Moon will be seen to go past 3 of them one at a time over the 12 Holy Nights.

          • rickbobbs
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 8, 2003
              -Dear Starman;

              Could you please refer me to where Steiner gives dates for the Zodiac
              signs? Your help in this would be much appreciated,

              Sincerely, Rick.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 29, 2004
                *******Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar.   -starman
                The "Calendar of the Soul"

                  Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
                   These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
                   Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

                   The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SCALES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

                This week's mantra.

                *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

                Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
                Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
                Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
                Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
                In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
                Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

                Mysteriously, what is preserved of Old
                With newly-arisen Self-Being
                Within me I feel enlivened:
                It shall let awakened World-Power
                Into my Life's outer work flow
                And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

                Interpretation of this week's mantra:
                Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
                self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the
                world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead
                wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be
                dead.
                Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
                mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life,
                and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in
                such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

                                                            **********************************

                Sunday, November 28th.  Moon Cancer.

                Monday, November 29th. Moon Cancer.

                Tuesday, November 30th. Moon Cancer. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

                Wednesday, December 1st. Moon Leo.  Longinus.

                Thursday, December 2nd. Moon Leo.   Cortez died 1547.

                Friday, December 3rd. Moon Virgo.   St. Francis Xavier.

                Saturday, December 4th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.
                  Thomas Carlyle born 1795. Galvani died 1798.

                Dr. Starman

                www.DrStarman.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
                • 1 Attachment
                • 19 KB

                     The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

                * MANTRA # 34 *

                Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
                Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
                Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
                Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
                In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
                Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

                Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
                With newly-arisen Self-Being
                Within me I feel enlivened:
                It shall let flow awakened World-Power
                Into my Life's outer work
                And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

                      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

                    Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life, and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

                Sunday, November 25th. Moon Taurus. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

                Monday, November 26th. Moon Taurus.

                Tuesday, November 27th. Moon Gemini. 1701 Celsius born.

                Wednesday, November 28th. Moon Gemini. Full Moon. Feast day of Noah.

                Thursday, November 29th. Moon Gemini. Alexander.

                Friday
                November 30th. Moon Cancer. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

                Saturday,
                December 1st. Moon Cancer.  Longinus.

                ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

                   Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising shortly after sunset, next to the bright star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. The full moon will be seen between both Wednesday night.

                Message 8 of 11 , Nov 17, 2013

                       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' or purple we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

                  Sunday, November 17th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon.  1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

                  Monday, November 18th. Moon Gemini.  1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

                  Tuesday, November 19th. Moon Gemini.  Zacharius.

                  Wednesday,  November 20th. Moon Cancer.  Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

                  Thursday, November 21st. Moon Cancer.  Festival of the Offering of Mary.

                  Friday  November 22nd. Moon Leo. 1694 Voltaire born.

                  Saturday,  November 23rd. Moon Leo. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

                  ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

                     Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 11 P.M. The waning moon is seen close to it late Thursday night.