    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2001
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
      enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within you as well as in external Nature in the course of the year. These are
      well known to many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in
      1912 ALSO contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the
      Moon's phase and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
      'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
      with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here---this hasn't
      been done since 1912, as far as we know.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 3 3 *

      So fühl ich erst die Welt,
      Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
      An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
      Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
      In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,
      In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

      So feel I first the World,
      That without my Soul's Living-With it
      As but a frozen empty Life
      And without Power is revealed,
      In new shaping out of the Soul,
      In itself alone, can only find Death.

      This week's mantram:
      In the Autumn, we gradually gain greater Self-Consciousness rather than
      outer consciousness of external nature. Last week, we felt how our
      consciousness was now strong enough to gain clear insight into the Destiny
      (karma) events in our lives. This week, we reach the point in the growth of
      self-consciousness where we first feel detached completely from the outer
      world, and see that, without our sou's participation on it, it would be an
      icy, dead wasteland--- while we feel a strong urge to create, but must see
      that, if we create what has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be
      dead.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Scorpio from
      Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of Scorpio done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is now on the list's website, for any
      members to access it from there.

      Sunday November 25th. Moon Pisces. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.
      Monday November 26th. Moon Pisces. Alexander.
      Tuesday November 27th. Moon Aries. 1701 Celsius born.
      Wednesday November 28th. Moon Aries. Noah (the last Patriarch of the
      Deluge).
      Thursday November 29th. Moon Taurus. 1800 the Decimal System first
      established in France.
      Friday November 30th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. 1756 The Physicist Chladni
      born.
      Saturday December 1st. Moon Gemini. Longinus.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 57 KB

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO  from November 10th through  30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  MANTRA # 33 *

      So fühl ich erst die Welt,
      Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
      An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
      Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
      In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,
      In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

      So feel I first the World,
      That without my Soul's Living-With it
      As but a frozen empty Life
      And without Power is revealed---
      In new shaping out of the Soul,
      In itself alone, can only find Death.

          In the Autumn, we gradually gain greater Self-Consciousness rather than
      outer consciousness of external nature, as in Summer.

         Last week in this ongoing process, we felt how our consciousness was now strong enough to gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

          This week, we reach the point in the growth of self-consciousness where we first feel detached completely from the outer world for the first time since summer, and see that, without our soul's participation on it, it would be an icy, dead wasteland--- while we feel a strong urge to create, but must see that, IF what we create has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be "dead".

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday,  November 18th. Moon Aquarius1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

      Monday,   November 19th. Moon Aquarius.  Zacharius.

      Tuesday,  November 20th. Moon Pisces. First QuarterAmos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

      Wednesday,  November 21st. Moon Pisces. Festival of the Offering of Mary.

      Thursday,  November 22nd. Moon Aries.  1694 Voltaire born.

      Friday
        November 23rd. Moon Aries. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

      Saturday,
       November 24th. Moon Aries. 1632 Spinoza born.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
        Mars can still be seen low in the southwest at sunset, except from high latitudes.
      Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising about an hour after sunset, next to the bright star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

      Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2013

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' or purple we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

        icy, dead wasteland. We feel a strong urge to create, but must see
        that, if we create what has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be
        "dead".

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, November 10th. Moon Pisces. First Quarter.  1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

        Monday, November 11th. Moon Pisces.  St. Martin's Day.

        Tuesday, November 12th. Moon Pisces.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

        Wednesday,  November 13th. Moon AriesNicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

        Thursday, November 14th. Moon Aries 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

        Friday  November 15th. Moon Taurus.  Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

        Saturday,  November 16th. Moon Taurus.    Edmund (King of England).

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

           Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 11 P.M.