Re: [steiner] Hello

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
      In a message dated 11/22/01 5:25:45 PM, sarah.fe@... writes:

      << I have been lurking on this list for sometime without introducing myself.
      My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
      living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
      Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training Seminar
      and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a book on a
      list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
      lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the ideas fairly
      quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
      done before or something?

      Yours,
      Sarah FE >>

      *******I think that's a great idea, to take up the meditative path in general
      and Knowledge of the Higher Worlds in particular. We're starting to go
      through the Basic Books on the RudolfSteiner101 list (we're starting
      "Theosophy" very soon), and maybe it would be a good companion study. What do
      people on the list think?

      Starman
    • sncherry@home.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
        I would like to do Steiner's Gospel of Luke.

        (another) Sarah

        --- In steiner@y..., DRStarman2001@a... wrote:

        > In a message dated 11/22/01 5:25:45 PM, sarah.fe@v... writes:
        >
        > << I have been lurking on this list for sometime without
        introducing myself.
        > My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
        > living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
        > Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training
        Seminar
        > and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a
        book on a
        > list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
        > lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the
        ideas fairly
        > quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
        > done before or something?
        >
        > Yours,
        > Sarah FE >>
        >
        > *******I think that's a great idea, to take up the meditative path
        in general
        > and Knowledge of the Higher Worlds in particular. We're starting to go
        > through the Basic Books on the RudolfSteiner101 list (we're starting
        > "Theosophy" very soon), and maybe it would be a good companion
        study. What do
        > people on the list think?
        >
        > Starman
      • KevinDockery
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004
          Hello,
          I am Kevin Dockery the Director of the Foundation for the Advancment
          of Human Knowledge. I am new to this group, and I would like to
          introduce myself. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to training
          the mind and the development of our latent human capacities. I wish
          to become friends with the members of this group so that I may serve
          when it is time for me to serve, and learn when it is time for me to
          learn. I do not profess to know it all. Neither am I professing to
          be a master. I, however, am professing that when it comes to tapping
          into the hidden capacties of your heart I get to be one of the best.
          I am open to anyone who has something to offer.

          Sincerly,
          Kevin Dockery (The Director of the Foundation for the Advancement of
          Human Knolwedge. www.fahk.org.
        • KevinDockery
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004

          • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004
              Hello, KevinDockery,

              I took the opportunity to visit your web site, and found it extremely
              interesting. As a beginning introduction into the steiner group, I
              wonder if you've been able to look into the work and some of the 6,000
              lectures given by Rudolf Steiner? You might find much to recommend
              itself to you and your group by undertaking the effort. Rudolf Steiner's
              work is known as Anthroposophy, loosely translated as "knowledge of man
              and his spirit," or "knowledge of the spiritual in man and mankind", a
              knowledge far transcending that of the mind. As one trained in hard core
              science, I feel myself extremely fortunate to have studied Steiner's
              works for more than 40 years.

              Welcome on board,

              Sheila

              KevinDockery wrote:

              > Hello,
              > I am Kevin Dockery the Director of the Foundation for the Advancment
              > of Human Knowledge. I am new to this group, and I would like to
              > introduce myself. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to training
              > the mind and the development of our latent human capacities. I wish
              > to become friends with the members of this group so that I may serve
              > when it is time for me to serve, and learn when it is time for me to
              > learn. I do not profess to know it all. Neither am I professing to
              > be a master. I, however, am professing that when it comes to tapping
              > into the hidden capacties of your heart I get to be one of the best.
              > I am open to anyone who has something to offer.
              >
              > Sincerly,
              > Kevin Dockery (The Director of the Foundation for the Advancement of
              > Human Knolwedge. www.fahk.org.

            • Doctorstarman
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004

                Note: Use password to open archive.