    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 12, 2001
      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
      enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within you as well as in external Nature in the course of the year. These are
      well known to many anthroposophists; but the ORIGINAL Calendar published in
      1912 ALSO contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
      working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was listed for each night, for sensing the
      'lunar' forces). There was also a list of saints and other spiritual figures
      to meditate on connected with specific days of the week, because the
      entrances and exits of human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and
      Time. We're presenting all that here each week---this has not been done since
      1912, as far as we know, and is available nowhere else, not even at the
      Goetheanum.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 3 0 *

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,
      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:
      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft
      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,
      Um Kräfte zu entbinden,
      Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben
      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Deeps
      Strives outwards like the Sun:
      It turns into Life-Will-Force
      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,
      The Powers to unbind,
      That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives
      In Man's Work will let ripen.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt this growing
      thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to
      certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully. This week, the verse
      focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to
      turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating
      the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the
      soul into creatively-shaping forces.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Scorpio from
      Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of Scorpio done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment.
      The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along with some
      of the spiritual figures connected with the days.

      Sunday November 11th. Moon Virgo. St. Martin's Day.
      Monday November 12th. Moon Virgo. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.
      Tuesday November 13th. Moon Libra. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as
      Pope defender of celibacy for priests).
      Wednesday November 14th. Moon Libra. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died.
      1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.
      Thursday November 15th. Moon Skorpius. New Moon. Albertus Magnus (the great
      scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630
      Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.
      Friday November 16th. Moon Skorpius. Edmund (King of England).
      Saturday November 10th. Moon Skorpius. 1875 Blavatsky founded the
      Theosophical Society.

      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 26, 2002
        The "Calendar of the Soul"
          The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the Beings behind the changing of the seasons. Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to use for this, 52 meditative mantras enabling you to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you and in Nature during the year. These verses are well known to many anthroposophists---- but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO had 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phases and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. As far as we know this is the first time this has been done since 1912.
            We begin with the mantra in the original German and in translation:

        * M A N T R A # 3 1 *

        Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,
        Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:
        Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft
        Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,
        Um Kräfte zu entbinden,
        Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben
        In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

        The Light out of Spirit-Deeps
        Strives outwards like the Sun:
        It turns into Life-Will-Force
        And shines into the Senses' Dullness,
        The Powers to unbind,
        That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives
        In Man's Work will let ripen.

        The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

        This week's mantra:
        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully. This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

                                  **********************************
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. The symbolic image of the 'Scales' done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

        Sunday, October 27th. Moon Cancer. Sabina.
        Monday, October 28th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.
        Tuesday, October 29th. Moon Leo. Narcissus.
        Wednesday, October 30th. Moon Virgo. Claudius.
        Thursday, October 31st. Moon Virgo. Wolfgang.
          Friday, November 1st. Moon Libra. Catholic Festival of All Hallows (became since the seventh century celebrated,  as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)
        Saturday, November 2nd. Moon Libra. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

        The verse for the Southern Hemisphere this week:
            This week is the first Sunday following the first Full Moon following the autumnal equinox. Therefore this is 'Easter' in the Southern Hemisphere. This week's mantra therefore begins the cycle with the first, the Easter, mantra of the soul-calendar.

        * M A N T R A #1 (EASTER)  *
        Wenn aus den Weltenweiten
        Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn
        Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,
        Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,
        Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hülle
        Gedanken in die Raumesfernen
        Und binden dumpf
        Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein.

        When out of the Wide World
        The Sun speaks to Man's Senses
        And Joy out of Soul's Depths
        Becomes one with Light in vision,
        Then is drawn from the Ego's Sheath
        Thinking into farthest Worlds
        And joins, dimly,
        Man's Essence and the Spirit's Being.

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 16, 2003
          The "Calendar of the Soul"

             Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
             Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form. F
          or those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.
            This week's mantra:

          *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

          Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,
          Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:
          Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft
          Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,
          Um Kräfte zu entbinden,
          Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben
          In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

          The Light out of Spirit-Deeps
          Strives outwards like the Sun:
          It turns into Life-Will-Force
          And shines into the Senses' Dullness,
          The Powers to unbind,
          That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives
          In Man's Work will let ripen.

             Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully. This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

                                      **********************************
              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. A symbolic image of the SKORPION done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

          Sunday,  November 16th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter. Edmund (King of England).

          Monday,   November
          17th. Moon Virgo. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

          Tuesday,   November
          18th. Moon Virgo.  1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

          Wednesday,  November 19th.
          Moon Libra. Zacharius.

          Thursday,  November 20th.
          Moon Libra.  Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

          Friday,  November 21st.
          Moon Scorpio.  Festival of the Offering of Mary.

          Saturday,  November 22nd.
          Moon Scorpio. 1694 Voltaire born.

            P.S.  Brilliant yellowish-red Mars dominates the night sky, visible in the South after sunset each evening.  Venus is now also visible in the West above the setting Sun for a short time after sunset.

          The verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

          *   M A N T R A  #6 *
          Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit
          Mein Selbst und findet sich
          Als Weltenoffenbarung
          In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;
          Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall
          Als goöttlich Urbild
          Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

          There has arisen out of my Egohood
          My Self and finds itself
          As World-Revelation
          In Time- and Space-forces;
          The World, it points out to me everywhere
          As godly Archetypal picture
          My own Image's truth.

          *******We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature (as the
          transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space) is an image of
          our true Self-- which this week rises out of our ego-consciousness, to find
          itself mirrored there.

        • Social Artist
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003
            This group is obviously now on the official list for
            advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.

            Dr. Starman-

            I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
            enables people to view what's written in this
            newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
            administrator of the list in order to post.

            Thank you-
            George

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
          • yahoo@stuntpope.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003
              There should be on option to set the forum to "closed" so you would
              have to join and become a member before being able to post to the
              list.

              That'll do it in a lot of cases, since this spam is just coming
              off of robots and the address is now probably on a list that's been
              sold.

              On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Social Artist wrote:

              > This group is obviously now on the official list for
              > advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.
              >
              > Dr. Starman-
              >
              > I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
              > enables people to view what's written in this
              > newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
              > administrator of the list in order to post.
              >
              > Thank you-
              > George

            • Julie H
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003
                The current group settings are:

                . Listed in directory
                · Open membership
                · Unmoderated
                · All members may post
                · Public archives
                · Email attachments are permitted

                Dr. Starman could change the membership to "moderator
                approved membership" that will prevent the spam while
                still allowing the archives to be public.

                Have Fun,

                Julie

                --- Social Artist <social_artist@...> wrote:
                > This group is obviously now on the official list for
                > advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.
                >
                > Dr. Starman-
                >
                > I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
                > enables people to view what's written in this
                > newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
                > administrator of the list in order to post.
                >
                > Thank you-
                > George

                http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
              • Joel
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003

                  Please do (block all but approved). We are all adults here - but
                  it's much easier to concentrate without the extra junk.

                  Joel

                  --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Julie H <dragonfliesaredancing@y...>

                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003
                    In a message dated 11/19/2003 1:36:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, social_artist@... writes:

                    This group is obviously now on the official list for
                    advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.

                    Dr. Starman-

                    I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
                    enables people to view what's written in this
                    newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
                    administrator of the list in order to post.

                    Thank you-
                    George

                    *******The latest spammers who joined and sent mail to the group have been removed. As I said before, the only way I know to prevent it entirely is to require all messages to be approved by me before they go through, but I'd rather not do that. I'd think that a few ads are the price we pay for no censorship here.

                  • lilolemissy
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003
                      In a message dated 11/19/2003 1:36:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, social_artist@... writes:

                      This group is obviously now on the official list for
                      advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.

                      Dr. Starman-

                      I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
                      enables people to view what's written in this
                      newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
                      administrator of the list in order to post.

                      Thank you-
                      George
                      *******The latest spammers who joined and sent mail to the group have been removed. As I said before, the only way I know to prevent it entirely is to require all messages to be approved by me before they go through, but I'd rather not do that. I'd think that a few ads are the price we pay for no censorship here.

                      Dear Listmates,

                      We never know when a "seed" might be planted into a soul. I feel the possibility of planting an Anthroposophical seed to hopefully sprout even years or lifetimes into the future, exists under any and all conditions. Dr. Starman is so correct in his assessment, and we surely can delete unwanted
                      postings from our Steiner list using our very own common sense.

                      Cheers for the Sanctity of Freedom of Thought,

                      Sheila

                       - Those who cannot hear the music think that the dancer is mad.
                    • M.Telford
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 19, 2003
                        Frankly, I get tired of junk mail. If this email list becomes cluttered with
                        junk mail, I am sorry but I will unsubscribe, defeating the original purpose
                        of the group.

                        I look forward to receiving enlightened thoughts from the group, but more
                        and more I am disappointed when I 'down tools' (stop working) to open up the
                        email program, to find the rubbish (I'm talking about the porn). The rubbish
                        is almost now on par with the legimate posts.

                        MT
                        > There should be on option to set the forum to "closed" so you would
                        > have to join and become a member before being able to post to the
                        > list.
                        >
                        > That'll do it in a lot of cases, since this spam is just coming
                        > off of robots and the address is now probably on a list that's been
                        > sold.
                        >
                        > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Social Artist wrote:
                        >
                        > > This group is obviously now on the official list for
                        > > advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.
                        > >
                        > > Dr. Starman-
                        > >
                        > > I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
                        > > enables people to view what's written in this
                        > > newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
                        > > administrator of the list in order to post.
                        > >
                        > > Thank you-
                        > > George
                        > >

                        > Post to steiner@egroups.com

                        > Search the archives of the group at:

                      • Richard Distasi
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                          Starman,

                          I know that this list is public but a possible solution to spammers is to ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on Anthroposophy and to ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest in Anthroposophy.

                          In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out spammers before they join the group.

                          rick distasi
                          This group is obviously now on the official list for
                          advertisers, and it's getting out of hand.

                          Dr. Starman-

                          I'm wondering if there is some sort of feature that
                          enables people to view what's written in this
                          newsgroup but requires an authorization from the
                          administrator of the list in order to post.

                          Thank you-
                          George

                          *******The latest spammers who joined and sent mail to the group have been removed. As I said before, the only way I know to prevent it entirely is to require all messages to be approved by me before they go through, but I'd rather not do that. I'd think that a few ads are the price we pay for no censorship here.

                          Post to steiner@egroups.com

                          Search the archives of the group at:

                          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                            In a message dated 11/19/2003 11:22:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, mtelford@... writes:

                            I look forward to receiving enlightened thoughts from the group, but more
                            and more I am disappointed when I 'down tools' (stop working) to open up the
                            email program, to find the rubbish (I'm talking about the porn). The rubbish
                            is almost now on par with the legimate posts.

                            MT

                            *******Well, you'll find it on every other list also. But I think you've hit on the reason it stands out----because hardly anyone is using the group for anything, It would just be background noise if it was one item among hundreds.

                               I've been a bit busy myself, but surely there's something over 100 other people interested in anthroposophy would like to talk about?

                          • S
                            Message 13 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                              Hello

                              I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
                              Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
                              Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?

                              Thank You

                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                                In a message dated 11/20/2003 7:05:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, radistasi@... writes:

                                Starman,

                                I know that this list is public but a possible solution to spammers is to ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on Anthroposophy and to ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest in Anthroposophy.

                                In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out spammers before they join the group.

                                rick distasi

                                *******Well, I'm going to do something like that---namely, note and inquire of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for instance, we've had new members:

                                Renee Lattimore    (in late October)---- and then in November:
                                Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                                "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                                G. Renquist
                                "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                                "Dianatomi16"
                                "Vindexeuropa" and
                                "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)

                                Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what you're interested in seeing on this group?

                                    And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is approaching (Advent starts Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to study together for the 12 Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in reading together?

                                Message 15 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                                  In a message dated 11/19/2003 2:41:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, dragonfliesaredancing@... writes:

                                  The current group settings are:

                                  .     Listed in directory
                                  &#183;   Open membership
                                  &#183;   Unmoderated
                                  &#183;   All members may post
                                  &#183;   Public archives
                                  &#183;   Email attachments are permitted

                                  Dr. Starman could change the membership to "moderator
                                  approved membership" that will prevent the spam while
                                  still allowing the archives to be public.

                                  Have Fun,

                                  Julie

                                  *******I'll consider it. In the meantime, Julie, would you like to introduce yourself? You've just joined. And do you have anything about anthroposophy you'd like to say?

                                • Julie H
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                                    Actually, I first joined this list in October of 2002.
                                    I recently changed my email address and joined with
                                    the new email address. The old address is
                                    julie_b_h@....

                                    I am the mother of a Waldorf student in Southern
                                    California and am here to learn more about the
                                    philosophy behind my daughter's education.

                                    I have been trying to read "Philosophy of Freedom" but
                                    often have to put it down for weeks to absorb the 2
                                    pages that I have just read. At the rate I'm going it
                                    will take me years to finish the book.

                                    I've been working with the "Calendar of the Soul" and
                                    prefer the translation with the Edith Bierman series
                                    but I also like the thought provoking symbols that
                                    Starman sends out.

                                    My current anthroposiphical pondering is related to
                                    the "Calendar of the Soul". I often think about the
                                    verse as I am walking down the arroyo. In Southern
                                    California, at this time of the year nature seems to
                                    be coming alive after a long summer sleep. The grass
                                    is growing, the birds, and animals are becoming more
                                    active after the first rains of autumn. Only the
                                    trees seem to be preparing for the rest of Winter.

                                    In fact, this week I seem to be jumbling two verses
                                    together. The first line of this weeks verse is:
                                    "The light from the depths of the Spirit". I have a
                                    tendency to exchange it with "the light from the
                                    expanses of the universe."

                                    Similiarly, I am transposing the current line "and
                                    shines into the dullness of the senses" with "and
                                    shines into the depth of the spirit".

                                    I'm thinking the mixed up California seasons are
                                    jumbling the spring and fall soul calendar verses.

                                    Have Fun,

                                    Julie

                                    --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:
                                    > Standard Time,
                                    > radistasi@... writes:
                                    >

                                    > > Starman,
                                    > >
                                    > > I know that this list is public but a possible
                                    > solution to spammers is to
                                    > > ask new comers to list some of the books they have
                                    > read on Anthroposophy and to
                                    > > ask them to write you a short essay on their
                                    > particular interest in
                                    > > Anthroposophy.
                                    > >
                                    > > In other words there needs to develop a means to
                                    > weed out spammers before
                                    > > they join the group.
                                    > >
                                    > > rick distasi
                                    > >

                                    > *******Well, I'm going to do something like
                                    > that---namely, note and inquire
                                    > of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for
                                    > instance, we've had new
                                    > members:
                                    >
                                    > Renee Lattimore (in late October)---- and then
                                    > in November:
                                    > Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                                    > "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                                    > G. Renquist
                                    > "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                                    > "Dianatomi16"
                                    > "Vindexeuropa" and
                                    > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another
                                    > spammer.)
                                    >
                                    > Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what
                                    > you're interested in
                                    > seeing on this group?
                                    >
                                    > And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is
                                    > approaching (Advent starts
                                    > Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to
                                    > study together for the 12
                                    > Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in
                                    > reading together?
                                    > -Starman
                                    >
                                    > http://www.DrStarman.net

                                    Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                                    http://companion.yahoo.com/
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Nov 21, 2003
                                      In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:16:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, sirius777@... writes:

                                      Hello

                                      I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
                                      Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
                                      Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?

                                      Thank You

                                      ******* He's a curious figure, who built on the earlier sytem of the Golden Dawn and gave it his own twists. My impression is that he was an occultist just using his own intellect and speculating, like most, and had developed nothing like the insight into the occult symbolic language that Steiner had. I'm sure there might be good in his work, but he defined everything in his own peculiar way so much that it seemed impenetrable to me. I also found little value in his sytem of corresponding the Tarot cards and Hebrew letters/paths of the Tree of Life, which differs from the Golden Dawn's.
                                          I'd put him in the class with people like Heindel myself, not Steiner--- although I don't mean by that that he was a self-deluded plagarist like the former, who made up a 'Rosicrucian' organization in California with his inferior copy of anthroposophy after studying Steiner in Germany.

                                    • S
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Nov 21, 2003
                                        On 11/21/03 9:59 AM, "DRStarman2001@..." <DRStarman2001@...> wrote:

                                        >> In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:16:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                        >>sirius777@... writes:
                                        >>
                                        >> Hello
                                        >>
                                        >> I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
                                        >> Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
                                        >> Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?
                                        >>
                                        >> Thank You

                                        > ******* He's a curious figure, who built on the earlier sytem of the Golden
                                        > Dawn and gave it his own twists. My impression is that he was an occultist
                                        > just using his own intellect and speculating, like most, and had developed
                                        > nothing like the insight into the occult symbolic language that Steiner had.

                                        Thank you Dr.

                                        It has only been since joining this group that I have really heard of the
                                        man Steiner. As time goes by and topics are discussed; I am slowly
                                        beginning to see that Steiner is contained in many of the subjects which I
                                        have studied yet until now I had never recognized his name or influence.
                                        Kind of weird to me, actually. Another thing I have noticed is that I feel
                                        more and more comfortable in studying Steiner now that I don't confuse him
                                        with Wilhelm Reich. Kind of a crazy thing for me to have been doing, maybe
                                        even an unfortunate byproduct of the Internet's approach to information
                                        sharing.

                                        At any rate thank you and thank you to the whole group for sharing such an
                                        in depth knowledge of Steiner and esoterica.

                                        =)

                                        casey
                                      • Joel
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Nov 25, 2003
                                          Julie
                                          I find it common among people beginning to wade through the works of
                                          Steiner to have the long periods of "processing". I think you will
                                          find that as you progress, this processing time will become
                                          progressively shorter until you are working on three or four
                                          lectures/books at the same time, reading every day several times a
                                          day. :) Keep at it!

                                          wrote:
> [...]
                                          > > of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for
                                          > > instance, we've had new
                                          > > members:
                                          > >
                                          > > Renee Lattimore (in late October)---- and then
                                          > > in November:
                                          > > Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                                          > > "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                                          > > G. Renquist
                                          > > "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                                          > > "Dianatomi16"
                                          > > "Vindexeuropa" and
                                          > > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another
                                          > > spammer.)
                                          > >
                                          > > Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what
                                          > > you're interested in
                                          > > seeing on this group?
                                          > >
                                          > > And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is
                                          > > approaching (Advent starts
                                          > > Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to
                                          > > study together for the 12
                                          > > Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in

                                        • reneelattimore
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Nov 25, 2003
                                            --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, DRStarman2001@a... wrote:
                                            > In a message dated 11/20/2003 7:05:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                            > radistasi@p... writes:
                                            >

                                            > > Starman,
                                            > >
                                            > > I know that this list is public but a possible solution to
                                            spammers is to
                                            > > ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on
                                            Anthroposophy and to
                                            > > ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest
                                            in
                                            > > Anthroposophy.
                                            > >
                                            > > In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out
                                            spammers before
                                            > > they join the group.
                                            > >
                                            > > rick distasi
                                            > >

                                            > *******Well, I'm going to do something like that---namely, note
                                            and inquire
                                            > of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for instance, we've
                                            had new
                                            > members:
                                            >
                                            > Renee Lattimore (in late October)---- and then in November:
                                            > Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                                            > "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                                            > G. Renquist
                                            > "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                                            > "Dianatomi16"
                                            > "Vindexeuropa" and
                                            > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)
                                            >
                                            > Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what you're
                                            interested in
                                            > seeing on this group?
                                            >
                                            > And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is approaching
                                            (Advent starts
                                            > Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to study together for
                                            the 12
                                            > Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in reading
                                            together?
                                            > -Starman
                                            >
                                            > http://www.DrStarman.net
                                          • plong plong
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                                              In the past few weeks, for instance, we've
                                              >had new
                                              > > members:
                                              > Dianatomi16"
                                              > > "Vindexeuropa" and
                                              > > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)

                                              hello everybody,

                                              Just want everyone to know that I am no spammer. I have been following your
                                              discussions all along.

                                              My interest is on science and technology. I took a one-year holistic science
                                              course at Schumacher College ,UK. I also spent some time working in a
                                              Biodynamic Garden for four months and visiting Camphill communities. I am
                                              currently enrolled in a Waldorf teacher training course in London.

                                              I have read most of Steiner's lectures on the sciences and his ideas on the
                                              three-fold social order. I find his lecture on World Economy very
                                              interesting. There are a number of people who are promoting his economic
                                              ideas both in the grassroots level and on the academic arena like Nicanor
                                              Perlas in South East Asia and Christopher Budd in the UK.

                                              All the best,

                                              plong

                                            • lilolemissy
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                                                Hello, Plong,

                                                Welcome on board and thank you for writing. As you've noticed, there are quite a few on the list involved with Waldorf et al, and we can't ever find too many going into such a wonderful aspect of Anthroposophy!

                                                I'm interested in your science pursuits, too, and wonder if you might be into the type of technology involved with computers. There seem to be more and more APs involed in technologies of all sorts - Hooray!

                                                Thanks for writing and for the intro! :)

                                                Cheers,

                                                Sheila

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                                                  plong_plong@... writes:

                                                  hello everybody,
                                                  Just want everyone to know that I am no spammer. I have been following your
                                                  discussions all along.
                                                  My interest is on science and technology. I took a one-year holistic science
                                                  course at Schumacher College ,UK. I also spent some time working in a
                                                  Biodynamic Garden for four months and visiting Camphill communities. I am
                                                  currently enrolled in a Waldorf teacher training course in London.
                                                  I have read most of Steiner's lectures on the sciences and his ideas on the
                                                  three-fold social order. I find his lecture on World Economy very
                                                  interesting. There are a number of people who are promoting his economic
                                                  ideas both in the grassroots level and on the academic arena like Nicanor
                                                  Perlas in South East Asia and Christopher Budd in the UK.
                                                  All the best,
                                                  plong

                                                  ********Glad to hear you're a real person, "plong", and not just a screen name to be used to spam the list. Seemed like the type of name they'd choose.

                                                      I have to say that much of what I hear from people like Perlas has little relation to Steiner's "Threefold Social Order" ideas, in my opinion, but rather is people using his name to spread their own, quite different, opinions. For instance, Steiner advocated an economic sphere quite distinct and separate from the political state, which would follow only its own (purely economic) laws --- and so also with the "cultural" sphere (so, for instance, the Waldorf Schools are private schools, not run by governments). But it appears to me that many of the people saying they follow Steiner want MORE control of the economy by the government, not less. ;-> [Not to mention the anti-Western Civilization bias and blindness to the current war of Wahabbi Islam on civilization, which Steiner predicted as the result of the rise of the Sun Demon Sorath 666 in 1998, as we've discussed here.]

                                                      I find, in my experience for many years now, that often they are just socialists or communists with a thin "coating of Steiner" on top, and once you draw them out in discussion, out come the Marxist slogans that show what they really think--- which is that the government should take over the economy "for everybody's good". That is definitely NOT the teaching of Rudolf Steiner!

                                                  -Starman

                                                  >>>Starman,
                                                  >>>I know that this list is public but a possible solution to spammers is to
                                                  >>>ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on
                                                  >Anthroposophy and to ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest in Anthroposophy.
                                                  >>>In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out
                                                  >spammers before
                                                  >>>they join the group.
                                                  >>>rick distasi
                                                  >>>

                                                  >>*******Well, I'm going to do something like that---namely, note
                                                  >and inquire of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for instance, we've
                                                  >had new members:
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Renee Lattimore   (in late October)---- and then in November:
                                                  >> Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                                                  >> "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                                                  >> G. Renquist
                                                  >> "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                                                  >>"Dianatomi16"
                                                  >> "Vindexeuropa" and
                                                  >>"plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)
                                                  >>
                                                  >>Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what you're
                                                  >interested in seeing on this group?
                                                  >>
                                                  >>   And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is approaching
                                                  >(Advent starts Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to study together for
                                                  >the 12 Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in reading
                                                  >together?
                                                  >>-Starman
                                                • MT
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                                                    Nicholas Perlas is a champion of Anthroposophy. Anthroposophy's life blood is meeting people face to face and the credibitlity comes from the connections of people to people. I cannot concur with your assessment of Nicholas Perley. It only puts your credibility at odds with his.
                                                    MT

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Dec 4, 2003
                                                      "which would follow only its own (purely economic) laws" I'm curious
                                                      about this, Dr. - surely we cannot expect the economic institutions
                                                      to draft and accept laws themselves that regulate their own
                                                      behavior? With the obvious disrespect for any laws already shown by
                                                      Enron, et al? I haven't read the ThreeFold Order materials,
                                                      obviously - just wondering if you could shed a little light on how
                                                      economic arenas can be kept seperate and regulated. Isn't
                                                      interconnection between all aspects of society still vital?

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Oct 31, 2010
                                                             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                                                               *******
                                                                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
                                                           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, VIOLET, is attached to this e-mail.

                                                         *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

                                                        Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

                                                        Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

                                                        Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

                                                        Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

                                                        Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

                                                        Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

                                                        In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

                                                        The Light out of Spirit-Depths

                                                        Strives outwards like the Sun:

                                                        It turns into Life-Will-Force

                                                        And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

                                                        Powers to release,

                                                        That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

                                                        In Man's Work will let ripen.

                                                        This week's mantra:

                                                            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

                                                            Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

                                                             This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

                                                                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

                                                        Sunday, October 31st. Moon Virgo. Wolfgang.

                                                        Monday,  November 1st.  Moon Virgo. Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

                                                        Tuesday,  November 2nd. Moon Virgo. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

                                                        Wednesday,   November 3rdMoon Libra. Malachi (the Prophet).

                                                        Thursday,   November 4thMoon Libra. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

                                                        Friday,    November 5th. Moon Scorpio. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

                                                        Saturday,    November 6th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon.  1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

                                                        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
                                                        Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Oct 27, 2013
                                                        • 1 Attachment
                                                        • 81 KB

                                                             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through November 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

                                                                                            * MANTRA # 31  *

                                                        Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

                                                        Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

                                                        Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

                                                        Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

                                                        Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

                                                        Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

                                                        In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

                                                        The Light out of Spirit-Depths

                                                        Strives outwards like the Sun:

                                                        It turns into Life-Will-Force

                                                        And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

                                                        The Powers to unleash,

                                                        So that Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

                                                        In Man's Work will allow to ripen.

                                                        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

                                                        Sunday, October 27th. Moon Leo.  Sabina.

                                                        Monday, October 28th. Moon Virgo.  Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

                                                        Tuesday, October 29th. Moon Virgo. Narcissus.

                                                        Wednesday,  October 30th. Moon Virgo Claudius.

                                                        Thursday, October 31st. Moon Libra  Wolfgang.

                                                        Friday  November 1st. Moon Libra.  Catholic Festival of All Hallows (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

                                                        Saturday,  November 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

                                                        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

                                                           Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.