Re: [steiner] Planets, colors and tones

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2001
      Dr. Starman..

      Yes..thanks -- it's better for printing. I liked your note about
      singers. Are you a musician or just incredibly observant and
      knowledgable? :)

      Janet

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2001
        crcjct@... writes:
        << Dr. Starman..
        Yes..thanks -- it's better for printing. I liked your note about
        singers. Are you a musician or just incredibly observant and
        knowledgable? :)
        Janet

        *******I'm a musician as well as an astrologer. So naturally I've noticed
        these correspondences--- especially since being introduced to those systems I
        posted here in my training as a Waldorf school teacher almost 20 years ago.
        For example, George Harrison's a Pisces and loves to write in the Pisces
        key of B; Jerry Garcia, a Leo, wrote most of his songs in Bb (Leo) or A
        (Aquarius), and transposed other peoples' songs into those keys to sing them.
        Dylan is a Gemini, and I can't count how many of his songs rely on the
        F#minor chord.

        Dr. Starman

        > Saturn Saturday blue-black
        > Sun Sunday white
        > Moon Monday violet
        > Mars Tuesday red
        > Mercury Wednesday yellow
        > Jupiter Thursday orange
        > Venus Friday green

        One association of astrology and the notes of the scale that's supposed
        to be from out of anthroposophy has the 5 half-tones (the black keys on the
        piano) as:
        Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer and Leo
        ..... while C thru B then become:
        Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.

        Another system has:
        > Saturn Sun Moon Mars Mercury Jupiter Venus
        > G A B C D E F
        >
        > The Sun's note is A above middle 'C', 440 cycles per second, which
        > is the tone given off by a honeybee's wings. Bees are creatures of the Sun
        > and show this by vibrating their wings 440 times a second, so that inside a
        > beehive the note A is constantly sounding.
        > I might also mention that Saturn rules the deep voice and the
        > Moon the high (soprano) traditionally, and I've noticed that basses
        > and baritones love to sing songs in the key of G, which matches the
        > planets/tones above while Scorpios like Neil Young, Johnny Rivers,
        > Gordon Lightfoot etc love to write songs in the key of E, which
        > matches the system of tones/ keys.
        >
        > Dr. Starman >>
      • Emilie Busquet
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2001
          Hello!
          I have so surprised by all your mails.i don't know you
          and you don't know me at all.i'm a french student and
          i looked for further information about rudolph steiner
          and esoterism because i was reading one of his
          book(considération esoterique sur le karma ,vol.1).The
          problem is that now i've finished this book and i've
          been so desapointed about some ideas presented in it.I
          mean that i don't agree with a some details of his
          doctrine .I found a clearer way studying boudhism.So
          my dear I will ask to stop your pseudo-propagand cause
          I'm must admit that i'm not attracted.Bye.EMLIE

          =====
          JE T'EMBRASSE ET PORTES TOI BIEN!!!!

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2001
            In a message dated 11/13/2001 8:57:20 AM, louloutte_fr1980@... writes:

            << Hello!

            I have so surprised by all your mails.i don't know you

            and you don't know me at all.i'm a french student and

            i looked for further information about rudolph steiner

            and esoterism because i was reading one of his

            book(considération esoterique sur le karma ,vol.1).The

            problem is that now i've finished this book and i've

            been so desapointed about some ideas presented in it.I

            mean that i don't agree with a some details of his

            doctrine .I found a clearer way studying boudhism.So

            my dear I will ask to stop your pseudo-propagand cause

            I'm must admit that i'm not attracted.Bye.EMLIE

            e-group, one for the discussion of the anthroposophy of Rudolf Steiner. No
            one is sending you anything except what you joined to receive. All you have
            to do is go to your account at Yahoogroups to unsubscribe. There is no need
            to be nasty about receiving any unwanted 'propaganda'.

            Dr. Starman
          • Janet
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 13, 2001
              Dr. Starman --

              Let's say I need a color for the day and I can only use one color. Do I
              use the color of the day, the ray or the planet since they're all
              different?

              Janet
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 13, 2001
                Dr. Starman --
                Let's say I need a color for the day and I can only use one color. Do I
                use the color of the day, the ray or the planet since they're all
                different?
                Janet

                *******Don't know what you mean by the ray and the planet being different. Saturday's color of the day is black, Sunday's white, Monday's violet, Tuesday's red, Wednesday's yellow, Thursday's orange, Friday's green.

                Starman
              • Janet
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 13, 2001
                  Dr. Starman:

                  You're right. I forgot to change the colors in the chart that I'd put in last week, before you responded to my question. Sorry about the confusion :)

                  Janet