A new Moderator

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2001
      Dear Members,
      As you may have noticed, I have not been active as a Moderator
      of this group in the past few months. This is due to personal
      circumstances which are likely to be permanent.
      Dr.Starman, who has made valuable and learned contributions to
      this group, has now kindly agreed to become a Moderator. I am sure
      you will all join me in wishing him well.
      I would also like to bring up the topic of a Study Event over
      the 12 nights of Christmas, which was so successful last year. If
      Members do decide to go ahead with his, I would suggest that the
      group is now sufficiently mature to make the event a cooperative
      effort rather than relying on any one person to organize it. It seems
      to me that this would be more in keeping with the spirit of
      anthroposophy. As for the mechanics of running the event, the main
      tools required are (a)The Files area, which Members are already
      familiar with. (b) The Polling facilty, which is useful in deciding
      on a book to study. (c) The Calendar, for structuring the event over
      the 12 days. All three of these tools can be accessed by any Member.
      Let me know if you have any problems in using these resources.
      May the blessings of Christ be with you all.
      Sena
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
        >>>Dear Members,
        As you may have noticed, I have not been active as a Moderator
        of this group in the past few months. This is due to personal
        circumstances which are likely to be permanent.
        Dr.Starman, who has made valuable and learned contributions to
        this group, has now kindly agreed to become a Moderator. I am sure
        you will all join me in wishing him well.>>>

        ********Thank you, Sena, and I'd like to point out that the group has been very quiet lately, and ask the members: is there anything in particular you'd like to see on it?

        And let me again put in a 'plug' for our other 'yahoogroup' (love that name), RudolfSteiner101, where we are taking up the basic books of anthroposophy. We're just about to start Theosophy.

        >>> I would also like to bring up the topic of a Study Event over
        the 12 nights of Christmas, which was so successful last year. If
        Members do decide to go ahead with his, I would suggest that the
        group is now sufficiently mature to make the event a cooperative
        effort rather than relying on any one person to organize it. It seems
        to me that this would be more in keeping with the spirit of
        anthroposophy. As for the mechanics of running the event, the main
        tools required are (a)The Files area, which Members are already
        familiar with. (b) The Polling facilty, which is useful in deciding
        on a book to study. (c) The Calendar, for structuring the event over
        the 12 days. All three of these tools can be accessed by any Member.
        Let me know if you have any problems in using these resources.
        May the blessings of Christ be with you all.
        Sena>>>

        *******And as we look ahead to Advent, let me also put out the question of what book we might like to study together, and how.
        The one thing I regretted did not happen last year was that I felt we didn't do anything artistic with our study of the Gospel of St. John.

        Starman
      • Charlie Morrison
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
          Dear Sena,
          I would like to thank you for the time and effort you put in to this group. It may have been pretty quiet lately, but it has provided a valuable service in the past and I'm sure it will do so into the future. I wish you well in whatever you do and may the blessings of Christ be with you also.

          warm regards,
          Charlie.
[...]

          Post to steiner@egroups.com

          Search the archives of the group at:

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        • Charlie Morrison
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
            Hi Dr Starman,

            I'm glad to see that you're keeping this group going.

            All the best,
            Charlie.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 20, 2001
              The group has still been very quiet lately...

              >>> I would also like to bring up the topic of a Study Event over
              the 12 nights of Christmas, which was so successful last year. If
              Members do decide to go ahead with his, I would suggest that the
              group is now sufficiently mature to make the event a cooperative
              effort rather than relying on any one person to organize it. It seems
              to me that this would be more in keeping with the spirit of
              anthroposophy. As for the mechanics of running the event, the main
              tools required are (a)The Files area, which Members are already
              familiar with. (b) The Polling facilty, which is useful in deciding
              on a book to study. (c) The Calendar, for structuring the event over
              the 12 days. All three of these tools can be accessed by any Member.
              Let me know if you have any problems in using these resources.
              May the blessings of Christ be with you all.
              Sena>>>

              *******Advent begins Dec. 2nd. Does anyone have any thoughts about what we might do together at Christmastime?

              Starman
            • sncherry@home.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 21, 2001
                There's a typo in the opening line of the description of the list--
                Rudolf is spelled Rudlof.
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 21, 2001

                  *******Thanks, I'll correct that. Anything else you notice or think should be different, let me know.