Soul-Calendar, 30th Week After Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4 4:34 PM
      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out
      the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling
      one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you
      as well as in external Nature in the course of the year. These are well known
      to many anthroposophists; but the ORIGINAL Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was listed for each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces).
      There was also a list of saints and other spiritual figures to meditate on
      connected with specific days of the week, because the entrances and exits of
      human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and Time. We're presenting
      all that here each week---this has not been done since 1912, as far as we
      know, and is available nowhere else, not even at the Goetheanum.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in

      * M A N T R A # 3 0 *

      Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht
      Des Denkens reife Früchte
      In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit
      Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.
      Empfinden kann ich freudevoll
      Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:
      Der Winter wird in mir
      Den Seelensommer wecken.

      There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light
      The ripening Fruits of Thinking
      Into Self-Consciousness' certainty
      Transforming all Feelings.
      I can perceive joyously
      The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:
      The Winter becomes in me
      The Soul-Summer's wakening.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt a growing power
      of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all
      that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of
      good in the coming Winter. This week, we feel this growing thinking
      consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our
      summer soul-experience awakens fully.

      some of the spiritual figures connected with the days. Attached to this post
      is the symbolic image of the constellation of the Scales---the Doctor said
      the Sun is under its influence from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.

      Sunday November 4th. Moon Gemini. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.
      Monday November 5th. Moon Gemini. 1494 Hans Sachs born.
      Tuesday November 6th. Moon Cancer. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of
      Lithography, born.
      Wednesday November 7th. Moon Cancer. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.
      Thursday November 8th. Moon Leo. First Quarter. 1674 Milton died.
      Friday November 9th. Moon Leo. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who
      because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered
      by the Langobards.
      Saturday November 10th. Moon Virgin. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.