Soul-Calendar, Week 28 after Easter

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2001
      The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
      sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out
      the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling
      one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you
      as well as in external Nature in the course of the year. These are well known
      to many anthroposophists; but the ORIGINAL Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was listed for each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces).
      There was also a list of saints and other spiritual figures to meditate on
      connected with specific days of the week, because the entrances and exits of
      human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and Time. We're presenting
      all that here each week---this has not been done since 1912, as far as we
      know, and is available nowhere else, not even at the Goetheanum.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 2 8 *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
      Aus Seelensonnenmacht
      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in Inner newly alive
      Feel my own Essence widen
      And power-filled Thinking-rays
      Out of Soul's Sun-Might
      Life-Riddles loosening give,
      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
      That before, even the Hope for had its wings lamed.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)
      consciousness we have had all Summer. This developing self-consciousness last
      week produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed
      of future development going into Autumn. This week, we feel this new force
      enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its
      isolation within self into the wide world; and newly empowered thinking finds
      itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of
      life. This in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of
      fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      some of the spiritual figures connected with the days. Attached to this post
      is the symbolic image of the constellation of the Scales---the Doctor said
      the Sun is under its influence from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.

      Sunday October 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens
      imprisoned and executed by the Huns).
      Monday October 22th. Moon Sagittarius. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
      Tuesday October 23th. Moon Capricornus. First Quarter. Ignatius.
      Wednesday October 24th. Moon Capricornus. Raphael (the Archangel).
      Thursday October 25th. Moon Aquarius. 1806 Max Stirner born.
      Friday October 26th. Moon Aquarius. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
      Saturday October 27th. Moon Aquarius. Sabina.

      Dr. Starman

      P.S. The Moon will be seen near the planet Mars in the Southern sky (near the
      constellation of Sagittarius) Sat. and Sun. nights, Oct. 20th and 21st.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

        Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

        Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

        Aus Seelensonnenmacht

        Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

        Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

        I can in my Inner nature, newly enlivened,

        Feel my own Essence widen,

        And power-filled Thinking-rays

        Out of Soul's Sun-Might

        Life-Riddles loosening giving,

        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

        That before, all Hope for had had its wings lamed.

           The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

           This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

           This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life---- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, September 28th. Moon Libra. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

        Monday, September 29th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Michael (the Archangel).

        Tuesday, September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

        Wednesday, October 1st. Moon Scorpio. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

        Thursday, October 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

        Friday, October 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

        Saturday, October 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. It has been the only 'evening star' but Venus is now becoming visible each night just above the setting sun. The crescent of the waning moon will approach it by the end of the week.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 18, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 20 KB
        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                      ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

         *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

        Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

        Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

        Aus Seelensonnenmacht

        Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

        Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

        I can in Inner newly alive

        Feel my own Essence widen

        And power-filled Thinking-rays

        Out of Soul's Sun-Might

        Life-Riddles loosening giving,

        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

        That before even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

        This week's mantra:

           The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

           This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

           This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life; which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, October 18th. Moon Scorpio. Luke (the Evangelist).

        Monday, October 19th. Moon Scorpio. Ptolemäus.

        Tuesday, October 20th. Moon Sagittarius. Arthur.

        Wednesday, October 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).

        .

        Thursday,  October 22nd. Moon Sagittarius. 1811 Franz Liszt born.

         .

        Friday,  October 23rd. Moon Capricorn. Ignatius.

        Saturday,  October 24th. Moon Capricorn.  Raphael (the Archangel).

                                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

        Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2011
        • 1 Attachment
        • 81 KB
        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

        The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                THE ZODIAC IMAGE

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

        Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

        Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

        Aus Seelensonnenmacht

        Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

        Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

        I can in my Inner self newly alive

        Feel my own Essence widen

        And power-filled Thinking-rays

        Out of the Soul's Sun-Might

        Give to Life's Riddles unloosening,

        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

        That before, even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

           The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

           This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

           This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self out into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life---  which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, October 30th . Moon CapricornClaudius.

         Monday,  October 31st. Moon Capricorn. Wolfgang.

         Tuesday, N
        ovember 1st. Moon Aquarius.
         Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

        .Wednesday,
         November 2nd. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

        Thursday,
         November 3rd. Moon Aquarius.  Malachi (the Prophet).

        Friday,  November 4th. Moon Pisces. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

        Saturday,
         November 5th. Moon Pisces.  1494 Hans Sachs born.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn. The full moon next week will be seen close to it.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

        "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

        FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the second mantra today.

        Message 5 of 7 , Oct 14, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 20 KB

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through  Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Violet, is attached to this e-mail.

         *  MANTRA # 28 *

        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

        Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

        Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

        Aus Seelensonnenmacht

        Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

        Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

        I can in my inner being, newly alive,

        Feel my own Essence widen

        And power-filled Thinking rays

        Out of the Soul's Sun-Might,

        Life-Riddles loosening giving,

        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

        That before, even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

           The season of Autumn is the 'Michaelmas' time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

           This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

           This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self and go out into the wide world, and this newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-unsolvable mysteries of life--- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday,  October 14th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Callistus.

        Monday,   October 15th. Moon Scorpio.  1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

        Tuesday,  October 16th. Moon Scorpio. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

        Wednesday,  October 17th. Moon Sagittarius.  Hilarius.

        Thursday,  October 18th. Moon Sagittarius.  Luke (the Evangelist).

        Friday
         October 19th. Moon Capricorn.  Ptolemäus.

        Saturday,
        October 20th. Moon Capricorn. Arthur.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
           Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the northeast that rises about 10 P.M.

        Message 6 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 19 KB

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO  from November 10th through  30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of Magenta we can't yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

         *  MANTRA # 32 *

         *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

        Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
        Sich st
        ärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
        Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
        Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
        Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

        I feel my Power bearing fruit
        Strengthening me, the World to lend;
        My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
        Wending its way to Clarity
        In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

            Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

            Last week, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

            This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday,  November 11th. Moon Libra. St. Martin's Day.

        Monday,   November 12th. Moon Scorpio. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

        Tuesday,  November 13th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

        Wednesday,  November 14th. Moon Sagittarius.  1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

        Thursday,  November 15th. Moon Sagittarius. Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

        Friday
          November 16th. Moon Capricorn. Edmund (King of England).

        Saturday,
         November 17th. Moon Capricorn.  1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
          Mars can still be seen low in the southwest at sunset, except from high latitudes.  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the northeast that rises about 2 hours after sunset.

        Message 7 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013
        • 1 Attachment
        • 139 KB

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

                                            * MANTRA # 28  *

        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

        Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

        Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

        Aus Seelensonnenmacht

        Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

        Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

        I can, in my Inner being newly alive,

        Feel my own Essence widen

        And power-filled Thinking-rays

        Out of Soul's Sun-Might

        Life-Riddles loosening giving,

        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

        That before even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer. This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.\

            This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life; which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, October 6th. Moon Scorpio.  Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

        Monday, October 7th. Moon Scorpio.  Serapius.

        Tuesday, October 8th. Moon Sagittarius.  Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

        Wednesday,  October 9th. Moon Sagittarius Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

        Thursday, October 10th. Moon Capricorn  Gideon.

        Friday  October 11th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. 1531 Zwingli died.

        Saturday,  October 12th. Moon Aquarius.  Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

           Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. The crescent moon is seen near it Monday and Tuesday nights.