The Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here is the "Soul-Calendar" for this 18th week after Easter. The
      Calendar's 52 meditative mantras enable one to experience and consciously
      work with the 'astral' or soul events occurring within in the course of the
      year. It's in the original German and in English.

      Kann ich die Seele weiten,
      Dass sie sich selbst verbindet
      Empfangnem Welten-Keimeswort?
      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden
      Die Seele würdig zu gestalten
      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen
      That she can join herself
      To the received World-Seed-Word?
      I sense that in future I strength must find
      The Soul worthily to form
      Into Spirit-Clothing to shape itself.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken spiritual sight and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' (of "Inspirations"). The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into the inner experience of the realities
      it describes.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the actual mantra. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost
      by other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden
      times: THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating
      therefore, I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can
      easily go from English to German.

      On this week's mantra:
      The "World-Seed-Word" refers to the creative "Word" the mediatant
      contacted in the 13th week (midsummer), when it was planted like a seed that
      is now growing. This week, this creative spirit-impulse stretches the
      boundaries of the personal self (soul), leading one to prophetically sense
      that more strength must be sought to reshape the soul so that these
      spirit-impulses will be able to manifest within the soul (be the spirit's
      'clothing') in the future.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
      Aug.4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image of Leo
      executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent with this
      post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are listed
      below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous
      persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
      contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday August 20th Moon Aries. 1854 the Philosopher Schelling died.
      Monday August 21st Moon Taurus. Sigismund.
      Tuesday August 22nd Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. Hippolytus, Christian teacher
      of
      the 3rd century.
      Wednesday August 23rd Moon Gemini. Claudius.
      Thursday August 24th Moon Gemini. Barnabas, the companion of Paul.
      Bartholemew, the Christian Apostle to India.
      Friday August 25th Moon Cancer. Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900
      Nietzche
      died. 1844 Herder born.
      Saturday August 26th Moon Cancer. Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

      *******Dr. Starman*******
    • starmann77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2000
        THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 22nd week after Easter. The Calendar's
        52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
        occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
        and in English.

        Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,
        Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:
        Es wird zum Seelenlichte
        Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,
        Um Früchte zu entbinden,
        Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst
        Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

        The Light out of World-Widenesses
        In my Inner lives as a continuing power;
        It turns into Soul-Light
        And shines in Spirit-deeps,
        The Fruit to unbind,
        That Man's Self out of World's Self
        In Time's course will allow to ripen.

        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
        "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
        'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
        at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
        entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
        have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
        using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
        other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
        THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
        I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
        English to German.

        This week's mantram:
        Last week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
        dream-state' reached a stage of ripening where it began to 'lend' to us a
        'spiritual Self', and we had a fore-sense this would join with deep inner
        forces that the ordinary self could not. This week, that which was received
        spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth is felt as an ongoing power
        within, transformed to soul-light illuminating thinking, and which is releasin
        g the fruit of its working, to evolve this Self out of the World-Self.

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
        drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
        forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
        constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
        according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
        to October 12th in our era; a symbolic image of Virgo done by an artist from
        indications & sketches by Steiner is attached to this post. The Moon
        positions and phases are also listed below for each night, along with some of
        the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
        ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
        contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
        its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        Sunday September 17th. Moon Aries. Justinus.
        Monday September 18th. Moon Taurus. Titus (School of Paul).
        Tuesday September 19th. Moon Taurus. Eustachius.
        Wednesday September 20th. Moon Gemini. Castor.
        Thursday September 21st. Moon Gemini. Matthew (the Evangelist).
        Friday September 22nd. Moon Cancer. 1452 Savanarola born.
        Saturday September 23rd. Moon Cancer. 63 B.C. Augustus born.

        *******Dr. Starman
      • DocStarman@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2000
          THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 24th week after Easter. The Calendar's
          52 meditative mantras enable you to consciously experience the 'astral' or
          soul events occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the
          original German and in English.

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,
          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;
          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort
          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt
          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis
          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,
          Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;
          The World-Spirit, it strives forward
          In Self-Knowledge newly living
          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness
          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
          "Imaginations" which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras which begin
          spiritual hearing or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra at
          first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and entering wi
          th deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
          have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
          using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
          other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
          THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
          I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
          English to German.

          This week's mantram:
          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking
          dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a
          spiritual 'seed' was planted, and this now ripens into a Self-consciousness
          instead of only Nature-consciousness. This week's verse describes how the
          Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self;
          this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself
          through us. we feel this now reach into the dark depths of the soul, and
          through this sensing of Self, the WILL, its fruit, is unleashed.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
          drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
          forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
          constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
          according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
          to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches
          & indications of the Virgin, Isis/Maria, accompanies this post as an
          attachment.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night,
          along with the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
          ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
          contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
          its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          Sunday October 1st. Moon Scorpius. 1386 Founding of the University of
          Heidelburg. 1847 Annie Besant born.
          Monday October 2nd. Moon Scorpius. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in
          Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.
          Tuesday October 3rd. Moon Scorpius. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of
          Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.
          Wednesday October 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Marcianus (spreader of
          Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.
          Thursday October 5th. Moon Sagittarius. First Quarter. Placidus (bringer
          of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar
          established.
          Friday October 6th. Moon Capricornus. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela
          (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).
          Saturday October 7th. Moon Capricornus. Serapius.

          *******Dr. Starman

          Happy Michaelmas!