The Soul's Calendar Aug. 13th-19th

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 17th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengründen durfte führen:
      Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Would allow to lead me into Soul's Ground:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Widenesses
      To find one day Me in you."

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' (or "Inspirations"). The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
      other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
      THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
      August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era; unfortunately we cannot send the symbolic
      image of Leo executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor this week,
      due to technical limitations. The Moon positions and phases are listed below
      for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are
      fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      Sunday August 13th. Moon Capricornus. Hippolytus.

      Monday August 14th. Moon Capricornus. Eusebius.
      Tuesday August 15th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. Mary's Ascension to Heaven.
      Wednesday August 16th. Moon Aquarius. 1743 The Chemist Lavoisier born.
      Thursday August 17th. Moon Pisces. Liberatus.
      Friday August 18th. Moon Pisces. Joachim (father of Mary).
      Saturday August 19th. Moon Aries. 1662 Blaise Pascal died.

      *******Dr. Starman*******