The Soul's Calendar

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2000
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 16th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable us to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within us in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengründen fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
      So that those ripening God-gifts
      In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit
      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' (or "Inspirations"). The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
      other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
      THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This Week's Verse:
      This week refers to the state of having received the 'gifts of the Spirit'
      from immersion in It in its manifestation as pure sensation in this
      summer-time, and now being moved by one's feeling of what is to come in the
      future (ahnend) to take care to rescue them from loss ("bergen"= salvage,
      rescue) within, for as what the Spirit has planted in us in these past few
      weeks is allowed to ripen, the fruits of one's own self and its endeavors
      will likewise.

      Sorry, no Zodiac symbol or week's Moon listings/Saints' days this week.
      Dr. Starman*******