The Calendar of the Soul

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 10:26 AM
      THE "SOUL-CALENDAR"

      Here is the Soul-Calendar verse for the 2nd week after Easter, in German
      and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul Calendar is 52 meditative verses
      designed to enable a meditator to experience the astral or soul events within
      us in the course of the year.

      *******THE MANTRAM*******
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

      ***For those not familiar with the use of mantrams:
      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
      the ordinary logical mind; then, an intensification process can be begun by
      the use of visual images called "Imaginations", and/or reciting mantrams
      which leads a step higher to "Inspirations." The meaning of the words of a
      mantra at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather the repetitive
      recitation of them and entering with deeper soul-forces into the inner
      experience of what is described. Also, these mantrams were created in the
      German language and have their rhythm in this, so that learning an English
      version is just a step to learning to use the real mantram in the original.
      (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme hum.")
      Steiner spoke often of the specialness of German, and how it had preserved
      words lost by other Indo-Aryan languages, and that it could become what
      Sanskrit was in olden times: the language in which spirit-truths are
      expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep close to the original
      so that one can easily step from the English to the German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y*

      In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar contains 12 drawings of
      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in the daytime, and the Moon's position in the constellations was
      given for each night, to sense the lunar forces each evening. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aries to April 30th in our
      era and then comes under the influence of Taurus from May 1st on.
      (Unfortunately we can’t send the images of the constellations through this
      medium yet.) The Moon positions and phases are listed here for each night,
      along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons, saints, etc.,
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are
      fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      SUNDAY April 30th. Moon Pisces. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the
      mathematician) born 1777.
      *******SUN Enters TAURUS*******
      MONDAY May 1st. Moon Pisces. Walpurgis.
      TUESDAY May 2nd. Moon Aries. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born
      1772.
      WEDNESDAY May 3rd. Moon Aries. New Moon. Empress Helena found the
      Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.
      THURSDAY May 4th. Moon Taurus. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.
      FRIDAY May 5th. Moon Taurus. Columbus discovers America 1492.
      SATURDAY May 6th. Moon Gemini. John, writer of the Gospel and the
      Apocalypse.

      Dr.
      Starman*******
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2000
        THE "SOUL-CALENDAR"

        Here is the Soul-Calendar verse for the 3rd week after Easter, in German
        and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul Calendar is 52 meditative verses
        designed to enable a meditator to experience the astral or soul events within
        us in the course of the year.

        *******THE MANTRAM*******
        Es spricht zum Weltenall,
        Sich Selbst vergessend
        Und seines Urstands eingedenk,
        Des Menschen wachsend Ich:
        In dir, befreiend nich,
        Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,
        Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

        There speaks to the World-All,
        Of Self forgetful
        And of its Primal state one in thinking,
        Man’s waxing “I”:
        ‘In you, freeing me
        From my Selfhood’s chains,
        I penetrate to my true Essence’.

[...]

        according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from May 1st to
        June 15th in our era. (Unfortunately we can’t send the images of the
        constellations through this medium yet.) The Moon positions and phases are
        listed here for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
        famous persons, saints, etc., published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their
        lives and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their
        days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with
        the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        SUNDAY May 7th. Moon Gemini. Gottfried.
        MONDAY May 8th. Moon Cancer. The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.
        TUESDAY May 9th. Moon Cancer. Schiller died 1805.
        WEDNESDAY May 10th. Moon Leo. Half Moon. Gordian.
        THURSDAY May 11th. Moon Leo. Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-
        pump) died 1686.
        FRIDAY May 12th. Moon Virgo. Pancratius.
        SATURDAY May 13th. Moon Virgo. Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the
        great natural scientist) died 1832.

        Dr.
        Starman*******
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2000
          THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR
          Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for the 9th week after Easter, in German
          and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul-Calendar is 52 meditative verses
          designed to enable one to experience the astral or soul events occurring both
          within us and in the astral “atmosphere” of Earth in the course of the year.

          * T H E M A N T R A *
          Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
          Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
          Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
          Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
          Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
          Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
          Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

          Forgetting my Egohood’s Will,
          The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
          Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
          To lose myself in the Light,
          The Spirit-Vision commands me,
          And powerfully prophesies to me:
          Lose yourself, and yourself you’ll find.

          * T H E W E E K *
          In addition to the mantrams, the original Soul-Calendar contained 12
          drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
          forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
          constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
          according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from June 16th to
          July 20th in our era. The symbolic image of Gemini executed from sketches &
          indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post. The Moon positions and
          phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
          days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
          and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
          translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
          spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          SUNDAY June18th. Moon Capricornus. Markus.
          MONDAY June 19th. Moon Capricornus. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.
          TUESDAY June 20th. Moon Aquarius. Silverius.
          WEDNESDAY June 21st. Moon Aquarius. Eusebius.
          THURSDAY June 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.
          FRIDAY June 23rd. Moon Pisces. Colombus born 1456.
          SATURDAY June 24th. Moon Pisces. John the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

          Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
          the logical mind, which is then intensified by the use of visual images
          called "Imaginations" and reciting mantras which lead to "Inspirations." The
          meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing,
          but rather the repetitive recitation of it and entering with deeper soul
          forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, these mantras
          were created in the German language and have their rhythms in it, so learning
          an English version is just a first step to using the mantram in the original.
          (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme hum!")
          Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words lost by other Indo-Aryan
          languages, and could be what Sanskrit was in olden times: the language in
          which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating, I’ve tried to keep
          close to the original so that one can easily go from English to German.
          Dr. Starman*******