Soul-Calendar

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2000
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 14th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable one to experience 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within in the course of the year. It's below in the original German
      and in English.

      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendenken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches
      From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and the mantras, which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspiration". The surface meaning of the words of a
      mantra is not the essential thing, but rather the recitation of it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
      were also created in the German language and have their rhythm in it, so
      learning an English version is just a step to using the original. Steiner
      spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and could be
      for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
      close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Cancer
      Gemini from July 21st to Aug. 3rd in our era. Unfortunately we don't yet have
      the symbolic image of Cancer to send.) The Moon positions and phases are
      listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
      famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
      contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday July 23rd. Moon Aries. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian
      Teacher in Justinian's Time.
      Monday July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.
      Tuesday July 25th. Moon Taurus. St. Chistopher.
      Wednesday July 26th. Moon Taurus. Anna.
      Thursday July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.
      Friday July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre
      executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.
      Saturday July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

      Dr. Starman*******
    • starmann77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 28, 2000
        THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter. The Calendar's
        52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
        occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
        and in English.

        Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
        Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
        Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
        Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
        In meinem Innern wecken
        Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

        Mysteriously the newly-received
        Within the Memory to enclose,
        Be my Striving's wider Sense:
        It will strongly Self-forces
        In my Inner being awaken,
        And evolving me, give me my self.

        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
        "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
        'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
        at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
        entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
        have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
        using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
        other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
        THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
        I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
        English to German.

        This week's verse:
        The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the start of
        summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and enclose it
        within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now on. This
        'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the future to
        become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow into being
        a wholly new person.

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
        originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
        the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
        position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
        forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
        Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image of Leo
        executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent with this
        post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are listed
        below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous
        persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
        contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
        translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
        spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
        Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430.
        1749 Goethe born.
        Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the Baptist.
        Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the
        magnetic North Pole died.
        Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the
        Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.
        Friday Sept. 1st Moon Libra. Firminus.
        Saturday Sept 2nd Moon Libra. Absalom.

        *******Dr. Starman
      • starmann77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
          THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 20th week after Easter. The Calendar's
          52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
          occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
          and in English.

          So fühl ich erst mein Sein,
          Das fern vom Welten-Dasein
          In sich, sich selbst erlöschen
          Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde
          In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

          So feel I first my Being
          That far from World-Existence
          In itself, itself loses
          And building only out of its own Ground
          In itself, itself must die.

          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
          "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
          'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
          at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
          entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
          have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
          using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
          other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
          THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
          I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
          English to German.

          This week's mantram:
          This week one begins to feel one's self for the first time since 'losing'
          it in the light & warmth of the summer; but along with this is the feeling
          that oneself, isolated from the world, will perish along with all that one
          attempts to build from self, if that is the sole basis of one's creations.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
          originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
          the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
          position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
          forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
          August 4th to September 7th (and then enters the influence of the Virgin) in
          our era. (Unfortunately we cannot send the symbolic images executed from
          sketches & indictations by the Doctor with this post.) The Moon positions and
          phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
          days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
          and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
          translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
          spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          Sunday September 3rd. Moon Libra. Eusebius.
          Monday September 4th. Moon Scorpius. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.
          Tuesday September 5th. Moon Scorpius. First Quarter. Nathaniel (he who in
          John's
          Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').
          Wednesday September 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
          Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno
          Bauer born.
          Thursday September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. Regina.
          Friday September 8th. Moon Capricornus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader
          of
          Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th
          century.
          Saturday September 9th. Moon Capricornus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

          *******Dr. Starman
        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2000
            THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
            Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 21st week after Easter. The Calendar's
            52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
            occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
            and in English.

            Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
            Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
            Den Keim empfind ich reifend
            Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
            Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

            I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
            Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
            I sense the Seed ripening
            And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
            Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

            Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
            "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
            'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
            at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
            entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
            These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
            have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
            using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
            other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
            THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
            I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
            English to German.

            This week's mantram:
            Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
            the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
            would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
            This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
            dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a
            'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able
            to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be
            able to tap into.

            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

            In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
            originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
            the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
            position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
            forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo
            from September 8th to October 12th in our era. (Unfortunately we can't send
            the the symbolic image with this post; next week!) The Moon positions and
            phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
            days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
            and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
            translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
            spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

            Sunday September 10th. Moon Capricornus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).
            Monday September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
            People).
            Tuesday September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.
            Wednesday September 13th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
            Feuerbach died.
            Thursday September 14th. Moon Pisces. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius,
            brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander
            von
            Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.
            Friday September 15th. Moon Aries. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
            leader).
            Saturday September 16th. Moon Aries. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
            died.

            *******Dr. Starman
          • starmann77@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 23, 2000
              THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
              Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
              52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
              occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
              and in English.

              Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
              Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
              In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
              Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
              Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
              Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
              Der Sommer hat an mich
              Sich selber hingegeben.

              There is muffled Autumnally
              The Senses' streaming Charms;
              In Light-Revealings is mingled
              The Fog's musty Veil.
              I myself see in Space-Widenesses
              The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
              The Summer has to me
              Its own self given over.

              Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
              "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
              'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
              at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
              entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
              were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
              in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
              Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
              could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
              spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
              close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

              This week's mantram:
              Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
              Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
              working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
              of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
              world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
              summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
              Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
              lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
              warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
              courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
              wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
              Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
              from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

              In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
              drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
              forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
              constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
              according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
              to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
              post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
              with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
              ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
              contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
              its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

              Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
              Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
              Gospels).
              Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
              Magicians.
              Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
              Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
              medical
              benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
              Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
              Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
              Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
              teacher.

              *******Dr. Starman

              Happy Michaelmas to all!
            • DocStarman@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 8, 2000
                THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
                each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
                spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
                The mantra in the original German and in English:

                Ich darf nun mir gehören
                Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
                In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
                Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
                Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
                Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
                In kalte Winterfluten.

                I'm allowed only to myself to belong
                And luminously spread Inner Light
                Into Space- and Time-darkness.
                As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
                The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
                And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
                Into the cold Winter-flowing.

                (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                English to German.)

                This week's mantram:
                The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
                we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
                which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
                was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
                state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
                is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
                solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

                * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
                September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
                Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
                & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
                Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
                with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
                first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                connections.)

                Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
                Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
                Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
                counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
                for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
                Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
                Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
                Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
                Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
                Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
                Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

                *******Dr. Starman
              • DocStarman@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 22, 2000
                  THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                  Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
                  52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
                  or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                  the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
                  these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
                  each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
                  Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
                  connected with specific days of the week.
                  The mantra in the original German and in English:

                  In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
                  Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
                  Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
                  Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
                  In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
                  Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

                  In my essence's deeps is a force:
                  It excites a premonition-filled yearning
                  That I in my self-contemplation find
                  As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
                  In Autumn's approach warming lives
                  As my Soul's Power-Drive.

                  The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                  spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                  meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
                  experience.
                  original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                  English to German.

                  This week's mantram:
                  The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                  develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                  (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
                  self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
                  this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
                  ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
                  of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
                  solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
                  week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
                  our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
                  yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
                  force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
                  development as we press on into the Autumn.

                  * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                  The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                  Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                  indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                  and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                  birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
                  ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                  contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                  restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                  connections.)

                  Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
                  Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
                  Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
                  Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
                  Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
                  Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
                  Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
                  Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

                  *******Dr. Starman
                • DocStarman@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
                    Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
                    THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                    Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                    52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                    (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                    the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                    cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
                    night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
                    figures and events connected with specific days.
                    The mantra in the original German and in English:

                    Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
                    Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
                    Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
                    Aus Seelensonnenmacht
                    Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
                    Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
                    Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

                    I can in Inner newly alive
                    Feel my own Essence widen
                    And power-filled Thinking-rays
                    Out of Soul's Sun-Might
                    Life-Riddles loosening giving,
                    Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
                    Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

                    (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                    The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                    spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                    meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                    reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                    original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                    English to German.)

                    This week's mantram:
                    The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                    develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                    (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
                    intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
                    soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
                    developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
                    be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
                    the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
                    into the night-time of the year.

                    * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                    The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                    Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                    indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                    and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                    birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
                    first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                    for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                    restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                    connections.)

                    Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
                    Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
                    Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
                    Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
                    (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
                    that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
                    was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
                    to all the gods.)
                    Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
                    as a Catholic Festival established).
                    Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
                    Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
                    in Guadaloupe.

                    *******Dr. Starman