Calendar of the Soul, Week 17

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2001
      For those new to the 'Calendar': the cycle of the year can be a
      meditation in itself, through which you can sense the Beings that are behind
      the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do
      this. It's made up of 52 meditative mantras enabling one to consciously
      experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as well as in
      external Nature in the course of the year.

      The 52 mantras are well known to many anthroposophists, but the original
      Calendar in 1912 ALSO contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on
      to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day) and the
      Moon's position in the constellations was listed for each night (for sensing
      the 'lunar' forces), as well as a list of saints and other spiritual figures
      to meditate on connected with specific days of the week, because the
      entrances and exits of human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and
      Time. We're presenting all that here each week---this has not been done since
      1912 and is available nowhere else.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in

      * M A N T R A # 1 7 *
      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengründen durfte führen:
      Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Would let lead to Soul's Ground:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Widenesses
      To find one day Me in you."

      In the Summer the human spirit 'loses itself' in the world, in the
      senses, and then in Winter it separates itself from it again. This week's
      verse describes how we should feel that we take the Divine into us when we
      drink in the treasures of the senses, so that the cosmos will itself 'awaken'
      in us at a later time, at Christmas.

      some of the spiritual figures connected with the days. Attached to this post
      is the JPEG image of the sign Leo---the Doctor said the Sun is under its
      influence from August 4th on in our era.

      Sunday August 5th. Moon Aquarius. 1396 Gutenberg born.
      Monday August 6th. Moon Aquarius. Sixtus. Verklarung Christi.
      Tuesday August 7th. Moon Pisces. Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus.
      Wednesday August 8th. Moon Pisces. Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus.
      Smaragdus. Ladislaus.
      Thursday August 9th. Moon Pisces. Cajetan. Ericus.
      Friday August 10th. Moon Aries. Agathe. Laurentius.
      Saturday August 11th. Moon Aries. Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde.
      Susanna. Tiburtius.